Once again I wonder if we may soon see an in depth biography of William "Greenbar Bill" Hillcourt?  Now that it appears that whatever prejudices might have taken his importance off the front page of National, it would seem time.  

I just wish they would include him in Scouting Heritage MB. IMHO me had a heck of a lot more influence on Scouting than Phillips and some others. Pluse he saved Scouting.

I just hope that a bio is written the info is correct. If the WB history has the error that he was the 1st CD for WB in the US at Schiff, instead of being a "Dogbody" or SPL, they may be problems.

21 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

I just wish they would include him in Scouting Heritage MB. IMHO me had a heck of a lot more influence on Scouting than Phillips and some others. Pluse he saved Scouting.

I just hope that a bio is written the info is correct. If the WB history has the error that he was the 1st CD for WB in the US at Schiff, instead of being a "Dogbody" or SPL, they may be problems.

He is covered in the MB.

In fact when I teach it, he is in there a good bit. He is one of the people the Scouts can write about, and I talk about him for the Handbook. 

In addition to what's specifically related to him in the requirements, I bring him up patrol method and Wood Badge.

I also talk about Burnham, even though he isn't specifically mentioned in the requirements. We cannot add to MB requirements, but nothing says we cannot teach MORE than what is in the requirements. 

Edited by HelpfulTracks
  • Thanks 1