1 hour ago, Abatronthegreat said:

We are trying to complete the international badge, however, being such a small group we are struggling to complete the final section: contact with a scout group in another country. 

Does anyone have any ideas we can use? 

what country are you from?  Are you looking for a group in the US?

1 hour ago, Abatronthegreat said:

It’s just the international activity badge. 

I still don't understand....is that a BSA thing?  Some other country's scouting program, perhaps?

I've never heard of such a badge for Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts here in the U.S.

Just now, mrkstvns said:

I still don't understand....is that a BSA thing?  Some other country's scouting program, perhaps?

I've never heard of such a badge for Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts here in the U.S.

activity badges are usually a UK thing, similar to earning merit badges

Contact your council to see if they have a Chair for International Scouting. Many do. Particularly this year as it is World Jambo year. 

If they have one, then they can assist you in connecting with Troops from other countries. If your council does not have one, then perhaps they can point you to another council in your Area that has such a position. 

• Thanks 1
On 03/06/2019 at 2:20 AM, Abatronthegreat said:

Were from the UK. Any group would be awesome. 

Are you looking to Pen pal? or do you need to video conference?

I have a Webelos den that could help, ages 9-10

You may want to contact the Kandersteg International Scout Center in Switzerland per their website.  As an American, I've been there a couple of times and they host summer and winter programs with scouts from a lot of countries.  They also have a neckerchief and patch trade on the side like most scouting events.

I'm going to have my kids work on the cub scout requirements for the international spirit award, but I got really lucky in that I grew up in Belgium. We're going to visit my family there this summer, and I contacted the local scouts unit to see if they could visit while we're there. There's a slight chance they might catch their last meeting before the summer, but if not the scoutmaster will set something up just because they're visiting.

On a related side note, is there anything they should take to exchange with them, like council patch or something like that?