outdoor campfire cooking but sleeping in a cabin

I’d not overthink this. If Billy roasts his hotdog on a stick, over the fire, and makes his cocoa from hot water by way of the communal water pot, I’d sign off. No one is going to drill down this far six years from now, if he chooses to go for Eagle. Let him have fun. 

• Upvote 1

In general, we have not looked too closely at when the scouts cooked their meal. As long as it was a troop activity, we were fine.

That being said, in things of this nature, I suggest you have your girls read the requirements together and ask them if it would be fair to sign off on outdoor cooking in these circumstances.

Also, you may want to take advantage of the weather and demonstrate how snow is an abrasive crystal. Snowballs make excellent scouring pads.

• Upvote 1
On 2/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, MikeS72 said:

We were way ahead of the culinary trends when I was a young scout in the 60's.  Many were the mornings that we enjoyed Cajun Blackened Pancakes.

The kids in by boy's troop would call them pancakes with flavor crystals. They were most famous for making scrambled pancakes, though.