Jump to content
TMSM

Wilderness First Aid Pin

Recommended Posts

I have 6 older scouts interested and registered to take both CPR/AED and Wilderness First Aid. Some of these scouts enjoy bling and have asked me to source a pin for WFA. I am not finding any pins online so thought maybe this group might have a source for this pin. They do get a temporary patch but they asked me to source this pin so I am searching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son and I took WFA and I am not aware of any official pins are patches, though there may be one. 

I did a quick search and found some that appear to be unofficial, on etsy and ebay. You could search there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WFA is good for 2 years, pins are forever. If you can convince your scouts to keep their training up to date, sure, get them some bling. Or, get them bling but tell them they have to return it if they let their training expire. Might be a good way to explain how it works for adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattR said:

If you can convince your scouts to keep their training up to date

These scouts will age out before 2 years but I understand your point. They do get a patch that says they are both CPR and WFA trained - it would be great if our council would get these custom made to have the date on the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any bling such as this would be locally sourced and made up as you go.   

Edited by RichardB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RichardB said:

Any bling such as this would be locally sourced and made up as you go.   

Looks like it's been done before.  Searching the web finds the following:

See the source image See the source image   See the source image

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOLO and NOLS have "school" patches but not "training/certification" patches, instead after successfully completing training, you receive an official signed, dated certification card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MattR said:

WFA is good for 2 years, pins are forever. If you can convince your scouts to keep their training up to date, sure, get them some bling. Or, get them bling but tell them they have to return it if they let their training expire. Might be a good way to explain how it works for adults.

 

23 hours ago, TMSM said:

These scouts will age out before 2 years but I understand your point. They do get a patch that says they are both CPR and WFA trained - it would be great if our council would get these custom made to have the date on the patch.

I feel like there's an awesome solution in these two posts combined. A custom patch that says 2019-2021 on it so it's clear that it needs to be renewed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FireStone said:

A custom patch that says 2019-2021 on it so it's clear that it needs to be renewed.

Or use those sew on around the outside tabs (no idea what the name is), so you can see who has been renewing forever vs earned it only once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, malraux said:

Or use those sew on around the outside tabs (no idea what the name is), so you can see who has been renewing forever vs earned it only once.

rockers?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, you all do understand that the Wilderness First Aid courses come in a variety of flavors, content, etc?   If certification is required (for a BSA program), the certificate from a recognized course is what matters.      https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/training/wilderness-fa/  

For any of you who chose to produce bling using images of the BSA, please use an approved vendor and not miss appropriate the brand or logos of other organizations.  

RichardB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scouts specifically asked for a pin so I ordered these - http://www.medpins.com/store/p/759-First-Aid-CPR-AED-Trained-Emblem-Pin.aspx

It seems to fit what they asked for. I know its not official BSA award but these boys are paying the class themselves, were self motivated and may need to save me at some point on a high adventure so good to keep them happy.

FIRST-AID_CPR_AED_PIN_MD.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It needs an "Un" rocker to put in front of the "trained" portion, to be put on after their certificate expires. :)

It's great they are taking it.

2 hours ago, RichardB said:

For any of you who chose to produce bling using images of the BSA, please use an approved vendor and not miss appropriate the brand or logos of other organizations.  

RichardB 

Good luck suing someone that's not making any money off of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×