Wilderness First Aid Pin

I have 6 older scouts interested and registered to take both CPR/AED and Wilderness First Aid. Some of these scouts enjoy bling and have asked me to source a pin for WFA. I am not finding any pins online so thought maybe this group might have a source for this pin. They do get a temporary patch but they asked me to source this pin so I am searching.

WFA is good for 2 years, pins are forever. If you can convince your scouts to keep their training up to date, sure, get them some bling. Or, get them bling but tell them they have to return it if they let their training expire. Might be a good way to explain how it works for adults.

2 minutes ago, MattR said:

If you can convince your scouts to keep their training up to date

These scouts will age out before 2 years but I understand your point. They do get a patch that says they are both CPR and WFA trained - it would be great if our council would get these custom made to have the date on the patch.

23 hours ago, MattR said:

WFA is good for 2 years, pins are forever. If you can convince your scouts to keep their training up to date, sure, get them some bling. Or, get them bling but tell them they have to return it if they let their training expire. Might be a good way to explain how it works for adults.

23 hours ago, TMSM said:

These scouts will age out before 2 years but I understand your point. They do get a patch that says they are both CPR and WFA trained - it would be great if our council would get these custom made to have the date on the patch.

I feel like there's an awesome solution in these two posts combined. A custom patch that says 2019-2021 on it so it's clear that it needs to be renewed.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, FireStone said:

A custom patch that says 2019-2021 on it so it's clear that it needs to be renewed.

Or use those sew on around the outside tabs (no idea what the name is), so you can see who has been renewing forever vs earned it only once.

So, you all do understand that the Wilderness First Aid courses come in a variety of flavors, content, etc?   If certification is required (for a BSA program), the certificate from a recognized course is what matters.      https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/training/wilderness-fa/  

For any of you who chose to produce bling using images of the BSA, please use an approved vendor and not miss appropriate the brand or logos of other organizations.  

RichardB 

The scouts specifically asked for a pin so I ordered these - http://www.medpins.com/store/p/759-First-Aid-CPR-AED-Trained-Emblem-Pin.aspx

It seems to fit what they asked for. I know its not official BSA award but these boys are paying the class themselves, were self motivated and may need to save me at some point on a high adventure so good to keep them happy.

FIRST-AID_CPR_AED_PIN_MD.jpg

• Haha 1

It needs an "Un" rocker to put in front of the "trained" portion, to be put on after their certificate expires. :)

It's great they are taking it.

2 hours ago, RichardB said:

For any of you who chose to produce bling using images of the BSA, please use an approved vendor and not miss appropriate the brand or logos of other organizations.  

RichardB 

Good luck suing someone that's not making any money off of it.

• Upvote 1