biggest obstacle right now is not having enough adult volunteers

I would hate to see this troop disband.

The article is not specific as to how many leaders they need and for what purpose. 

I would imagine a good portion of the need is for instruction and activities. If so it would a great thing to see them team up with some Crews or older patrols from a couple of troops to help out with activities and instruction, leaving the adults to be free to handle any special needs issues like safety, transportation etc.

Many Councils have had very successful partnerships with traditional troops working with dedicated special needs troops.  If the Council doesn't have a special needs committee, that's a good place to start.  Several troops in a district I used to be in put on a special needs camporee twice a year and finding volunteers was actually pretty easy, they usually had a waiting list of volunteer troops to work on this.  It was a really emotionally rewarding time. 

On 3/2/2019 at 5:45 AM, HelpfulTracks said:

I would hate to see this troop disband.

The article is not specific as to how many leaders they need and for what purpose. 

I'll bet $5 they're looking for a Scoutmaster...seems like they'd want a very special individual to handle that role.

I have worked with Special needs "kids" (some where adults and older than me at the time) as well as terminal children. Both can be extremely rewarding, but soul crushing at the same time. It is difficult when you loose one of those you have come close too, even though in some cases you knew that going in. 

So yes, for that reason, and others, it takes a special person to be able to do that for long the long term.