How do I join back into the scouts?

I did scouts in 3rd through 4th grade and sadly wasn’t able to do it in 5th due to My pack (117) not getting funding from my school. I’m now in 9th grade and wanting to join back into the scouts. Is it possible and if so who and what do I join/Go to?

Welcome to the forums @NickWeaver!

Here's an old-school strategy: ask your classmates if they or anybody they know is in boy scouts or venturing. Then talk to those friends (or friends of friends, or enemies of friends, whatever) about when their troop/crew meets.

Obviously if you happen to be someplace where you see a troop doing a service project or other activity, go up and ask them for info.

Talking to strangers ... almost as fun as the internet, twice as rewarding.

• Like 1

Beascout.scouting.org will tell you where troops are. Yes, ask friends. Also, go visit every troop. They're all different. Any scout that takes this on by themselves would be great to have in any troop. Go for it. And let us know how it works out.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:13 PM, NickWeaver said:

I did scouts in 3rd through 4th grade and sadly wasn’t able to do it in 5th due to My pack (117) not getting funding from my school. I’m now in 9th grade and wanting to join back into the scouts. Is it possible and if so who and what do I join/Go to?

Find a troop and join it.  You can start whenever you want. 

2 minutes ago, perdidochas said:

Find a troop and join it.  You can start whenever you want. 

Call the local scout office and ask them for the numbers to the units close to you. Ask them for the day and time of their meetings and go visit. You will likely run into friends.

Barry

2 hours ago, Eagledad said:

Call the local scout office and ask them for the numbers to the units close to you. Ask them for the day and time of their meetings and go visit. You will likely run into friends.

Barry

thank you for the speedy response!

Barry

Barry

On 2/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, MattR said:

Beascout.scouting.org will tell you where troops are. Yes, ask friends. Also, go visit every troop. They're all different. Any scout that takes this on by themselves would be great to have in any troop. Go for it. And let us know how it works out.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, qwazse said:

Welcome to the forums @NickWeaver!

Here's an old-school strategy: ask your classmates if they or anybody they know is in boy scouts or venturing. Then talk to those friends (or friends of friends, or enemies of friends, whatever) about when their troop/crew meets.

Obviously if you happen to be someplace where you see a troop doing a service project or other activity, go up and ask them for info.

Talking to strangers ... almost as fun as the internet, twice as rewarding.

Will do thank you for the speedy resonse