2019 GUIDE TO SAFE SCOUTING

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scouters, for your reading and compliance.  Here’s the online version. Here’s the link to the downloadable version.

@John-in-KC Please note that the 2019 version Animal and Insect Hazards https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/gss/gss13/  contains a link to the following reference, please review before working

In #14, it mentions activities where participants shoot/ throw objects AT each other.  In frisbee, baseball, etc, you're not throwing the object AT another player.  You are throwing the object TO them

Posted Images

On 2/11/2019 at 4:36 PM, NealOnWheels said:

2018: Youth sharing tents should be no more than two years apart in age.

2019: Youth sharing tents must be no more than two years apart in age.

Hey wait…this seems to kill an old idea that I thought was a good one:

“Each patrol should have its own separate tent at some distance (at least 100 yards) from the others. This latter is with a view to developing the responsibility of the patrol leader for his distinct unit.”—Robert Baden-Powell.

Does this mean that patrol tents (unless all patrol members happen to be within two years of age of each other) are not allowed? Or does this only apply to normal two-man tents (which I would agree with)?

Edited by Calion
1 hour ago, Calion said:

Look what you've done; you pointed it out to them, and now they've taken it down. 😛 I don't suppose you have a copy to share? 

Edit: Found it.

Glad they took it down. Just wish they would correct the inaccurate statement that "Dodgeball has never been an authorized activity in Scouting. " A Scout is TRUSTWORTHY.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Dodgeball has never been an approved activity in Scouting., RRRRRIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Yes, Eagle, but those BSA fundraisers you cited are for ADULTS, not the scouts.

Dodgeball is simply much too fun for children.

2 minutes ago, mrkstvns said:

Yes, Eagle, but those BSA fundraisers you cited are for ADULTS, not the scouts.

Dodgeball is simply much too fun for children.

Check out the first link. Aged based categories and a youth is pictured,

I was always taught a Scout is TRUSTWORTHY, and the folks who wrote the FAQs were either ignorant of BSA's approval of the game, or deliberately lied. Now that it has been shown that it once was approved, they took down the offending page, but have not corrected the FAQ.

Owell's 1984 anyone?

• Sad 1
  • John-in-KC unpinned and unfeatured this topic