I recollect he said "The bombing starts in five minutes." He thought it was funny at the time, but many observers believed he was voicing his true feelings about the Soviets.

Too soon to tell what BP's true feelings are. We've heard two tales.

We have all had people in our lives who don't like us, and people who we don't like, but sometimes, to look above what they did to make us not like them is important. I talk to my daughter about this alot. She loves someone, then hates them with a passion. I try to tell her that she will instil this in my grandson and granddaughter, and try myself to follow this rule. It's not easy, but life isn't. Eamonn, you are one of the friendist people on this forum. Bob White is knowledgeable and knows the rules, but I don't think would make a very good judge, (not a lot of compassion for those who are not good at following the rules. No bad intended Bob White, please) All the rest of you I enjoy reading your posts. I don't post much, but do lurk often. To BadenP, I commend you on being a professional. All of us volunteers would like to think we would be great professionals, but the truth is, it's a long hard job that takes a special person to succeed at. I have known quite a few professionals and become great friends with them including DS, who was from my council and I'm sure their feelings about the Boy Scouts of America weren't always fond, but they never said any real bad things about the policies. I too, don't always like the policies and program that the National Council has come up with, but know I have to present the program as a whole to give the youth and adults every opportunity to judge for themselves, and not take my personal observations.

Dancin

I think the key to maintaining civility on this forum is to debate the ISSUES, and not the PERSON. Both "liberal" and "conservative" views have been expressed on this forum. Sadly, some people with very strong views have chosen to attack the person expressing contrary views, as well as the views themselves. I have been the object of this myself.

I enjoy a passionate debate on the issues. I am a proud and patriotic "liberal." I can respect "conservative" views on the issues. What I don't like are personal attacks.

gsmom