Scouts BSA Uniform for Leaders?

I understand that the Scouts BSA uniform for girls is slowly arriving at the Scout shops. Does anyone know if the Scouts BSA uniform will be the norm for adult leaders in the future--women and men? The Scout Shop still has men's Boy Scouts of America uniform shirts. Will they simply start selling the updated Scouts BSA uniform shirts when the current stock is gone?

Regards, 

Oak

The Jan. 28 update confirms this:

>> “The existing inventory of tan shirts, with “BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA” in red over the right pocket, will be available until they’re all sold out.”

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2019/01/18/details-on-scouts-bsa-uniform-handbook-availability-in-advance-of-feb-1-launch/

I’ve heard tell that it would be a simple matter for someone with an embroidery machine to take an old uniform shirt and create FDL/BSA strips that could be sewn onto the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA shirts to cover up that language. I have no idea if that’s accurate or not.

Unfortunately for girls, the uniforms that have shipped and are on sale are for Cub-sized girls. Lord knows why, because except for Webelos, Cubs don’t wear tan. The vast majority of Scouts BSA female youth are going to be wearing ladies’ sizes ... which have been held up. I bought my daughter an old-style shirt over the weekend because I’m not waiting any more on Supply to get its act together.

Edited by shortridge
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 5:14 PM, shortridge said:

Unfortunately for girls, the uniforms that have shipped and are on sale are for Cub-sized girls. Lord knows why, because except for Webelos, Cubs don’t wear tan. The vast majority of Scouts BSA female youth are going to be wearing ladies’ sizes ... which have been held up. 

The online store has the new style short sleeve Ladies (XS-XL) and Women’s (1X-3X) available now in the Women’s section. The Girls’ section only has youth sizes. 

Long sleeve is still old style and I expect that’s until they run through the inventory.