Cub Scout takes knee during pledge

I have to wonder though.  As adults we tend to worry about things like political discussions.  But, perhaps it's good for Scouts to share their political views with one another and learn that within a group of friends one some can wear Hope t-shirts and some MAGA hats.  Isn't learning to work together as a patrol despite whatever their political views are an aspect of the patrol method?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maga hats are both a partisan political prop and are a symbol of white supremacy. I would instantly drop from any unit that allowed them.

This does not surprise me at all. The Boy Scouts or Scouts BSA, or whatever they want to be called, have lost their way and might as well just open it up all the way. Take God out of the oath, allow a

Reading the article, and some others, possibly the dad encouraged him to do the protest. Certainly the young man and his family have every right to protest in whatever way they care to and wherev

Well, another entry for the Faith and Chaplaincy sub quasi forum....   a discussion of the religious implications of the recitation of the PoA…    Maybe not here in Scouts?  Maybe so?  As the token Quaker Chaplain here, I can certainly speak to that issue, but do we want that here?    

16 hours ago, SSScout said:

Well, another entry for the Faith and Chaplaincy sub quasi forum....   a discussion of the religious implications of the recitation of the PoA…    Maybe not here in Scouts?  Maybe so?  As the token Quaker Chaplain here, I can certainly speak to that issue, but do we want that here?    

I have had scouts who were Jehovas Witnesses who also do not participate in the PoA.

16 hours ago, SSScout said:

Or .. you could do what 'schiff suggested a couple months ago. Start the topic in Open Program (because helping scouts navigate their religion and citizenship is part of the program) and add the label Faith & Chaplaincy. Everybody wins!