poly/rayon/wool shirt?

18 hours ago, Chadamus said:

Son's Troop is doing just that tomorrow. Outdoor service project for a business. Class A's will let any lookie-loos know its Scouts and not a bunch of boys messing around on private property.  Being proud of their uniforms makes it an ever easier call. 😉

The only time our scouts are required to wear the uniform is during travel. We learned 50 to 75 teenagers running around at road stops can make people pretty nervous. The uniform connects scouts to adults. Ironically, we also found the folks at stops act a little better when surrounded by scouts in uniform. That still amazes me.

Barry

• Upvote 2
18 hours ago, Treflienne said:

We've been off on a tangent.  Back to the orginal topic:  anybody have any experience, good or bad, with the poly/rayon/wool shirts,  whether long-sleeve or short-sleeve?

I don’t, but there are some prior threads about the differences here. I believe the consensus was that the poly/wool was bear suited for formal occasions and not super best for outdoor or activewear.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:50 PM, shortridge said:

I don’t, but there are some prior threads about the differences here.

Thanks, but I saw those before posting my question.  They seemed to be about a different shirt:  poly/wool with no mention of rayon,  and dry-clean-only instead of machine washable.

A long sleeve shirt or any shirt that requires dry cleaning can be very useful in scouting....as kindling.

Of course, cotton would burn much better than rayon, nylon, or any other synthetic because burning plastics can emit noxious fumes. 

• Haha 1