Elections in Crews and Ships

Now that Feb 1 has passed...I just want to make sure I've got this right, with respect to election eligibilty

1. You have to meet the rank requirement for the type of unit holding the election.  For exmple, let's say Joe is Life in a Scouts BSA unit, but just joined a Ship and is Apprentice rank.   Assuming he has the camping nights, he could be a candidate for OA election via the Troop, but not via the Ship.

2.  Camping nights can be from Troops, Crews, or Ships, and combined.  For example, Billy is Life rank in a Troop and Pathfinder rank in a Crew.  He went to summer camp with the troop, but all his short term night are with the crew.   He could be a candidate for OA election in either one.

Right?  Or did I miss something?

22 minutes ago, Chisos said:

Now that Feb 1 has passed...I just want to make sure I've got this right, with respect to election eligibilty

1. You have to meet the rank requirement for the type of unit holding the election.  For exmple, let's say Joe is Life in a Scouts BSA unit, but just joined a Ship and is Apprentice rank.   Assuming he has the camping nights, he could be a candidate for OA election via the Troop, but not via the Ship.

2.  Camping nights can be from Troops, Crews, or Ships, and combined.  For example, Billy is Life rank in a Troop and Pathfinder rank in a Crew.  He went to summer camp with the troop, but all his short term night are with the crew.   He could be a candidate for OA election in either one.

Right?  Or did I miss something?

Correct.  Camping nights can be combined from amongst the programs, but the youth has to hold the rank appropriate to the unit that is electing them as a candidate:

Scouts BSA = First Class rank

Venturing = Discovery Award

Sea Scouts = Ordinary rank