Another reason why we do this

51451663_2172544352768570_1174782325502771200_n.thumb.jpg.b73dd5111461d40a07a99b7681b8c3b3.jpg

From him:

I wouldn’t be here without all of you. Life is short and today is all that we have control over! I am glad you didn’t do chest compressions. 😂

I couldn’t control what happened to me, but I can change how I react. 

Your perspective and memories really help put together the accident. I’m glad someone saw me go over the bridge!!

• Upvote 3

Incredible story, thanks for sharing.

"Br Prepared" means a lot of things. You just never know exactly what it's going to mean, and it's why we teach these scouts to be knowledgeable in a variety of things, to be ready to act when others can't. Sometimes it means being ready to give first aid, carry a bag, direct traffic, or sometimes just be prepared to tell others what happened. 

I had a "Be Prepared" moment last night when I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident. While trying to follow the car that hit me I was thinking "I should have been prepared with a dash cam." And now I will be, my dash cam is going to be on my front porch in an Amazon box when I get home tonight. :)

1 hour ago, FireStone said:

Incredible story, thanks for sharing.

"Br Prepared" means a lot of things. You just never know exactly what it's going to mean, and it's why we teach these scouts to be knowledgeable in a variety of things, to be ready to act when others can't. Sometimes it means being ready to give first aid, carry a bag, direct traffic, or sometimes just be prepared to tell others what happened. 

I had a "Be Prepared" moment last night when I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident. While trying to follow the car that hit me I was thinking "I should have been prepared with a dash cam." And now I will be, my dash cam is going to be on my front porch in an Amazon box when I get home tonight. :)

ugh, seriously people suck

• Upvote 1