Help clarify a position question!

Hey everybody, a question I would love some help answering:

are all chapter advisers considered "associate chapter advisers," or is that a separate, specific position? For instance, is the adviser to the chapter vice-chief considered an "associate chapter adviser?" Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

Associate Adviser is a separate position. The AA's job is to assist the Chapter Adviser with with the various duties. It varies from chapter to chapter and lodge to lodge. I was an AA once when I was helping to restart an OA chapter. I worked with the CA and the youth to get things up and running. When the CA was notable to do something, I was there.

The Latin Scout, 

according to the Lodge planbook "Each Chapter Adviser shall appoint a minimum of three (3) Chapter Associate Advisers in consultation with the District Executive and the District Camping Committee." and these patches can be purchased through our Scout Shop, they will just ask you for what Chapter. 

19 hours ago, The Latin Scot said:

Hey everybody, a question I would love some help answering:

are all chapter advisers considered "associate chapter advisers," or is that a separate, specific position? For instance, is the adviser to the chapter vice-chief considered an "associate chapter adviser?" Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

No, CA and ACA are specific positions, as are Lodge Adviser and Associate Lodge Adviser. A Lodge/Chapter has numerous other Advisers, as an example for AIA, ceremonies, induction, for specific officer positions, etc., but those are not specified positions with a position patch. The Associate Advisers are generally more experienced Advisers that could step in for the Adviser in his/her absence.