Taking my daughter on camp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We'll that was a little weird to try an figure out! @Skye08, welcome to the forums. No two 8 year olds are the same. That said, smaller bodies are at more serious risk of hypothermia. If your dau

Because Moderator staff try to keep continuity of topic

Here is a whole odd thread about children and jacket zipping.  Perhaps we need a subforum. 😀    

Posted Images

Well, the nice thing is that as a community and comrades, we tackle whatever posts come up and handle them respectfully all around as much as we can, with a few oops now and then.  And we don't resort to undermining tactics or name calling.  No matter what the rest of you disgraceful low-life no-nothings think.  :) 

6 minutes ago, Buggie said:

Well, the nice thing is that as a community and comrades, we tackle whatever posts come up and handle them respectfully all around as much as we can, with a few oops now and then.  And we don't resort to undermining tactics or name calling.  No matter what the rest of you disgraceful low-life no-nothings think.  :) 

I would NEVER call you simple minded or obtuse.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:48 AM, RememberSchiff said:

... is rather odd...

...as opposed to the rest of us sane, rational, and perfectly normal scouter.com members.

Some day, you must explain to me how I managed to sneak past your screening process. I thought using the sanitarium as my address might be a dead giveaway.

Edited by David CO
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, ScoutTN said:

She posted the same thing on at least four other sites recently. An odd topic for someone pot-stirring.

That may be true. But is it any less odd that you would have spotted it on so many obscure, diverse, and unrelated web sites?

I can't help but wonder if the two of you are actually acting together to tag-team us in some sort of inside joke.

Edited by David CO
  • Haha 1
On 4/14/2018 at 1:11 PM, David CO said:

That may be true. But is it any less odd that you would have spotted it on so many obscure, diverse, and unrelated web sites?

I can't help but wonder if the two of you are actually acting together to tag-team us in some sort of inside joke.

I only noticed it here because it had drawn attention on a homeschooling board I read sometimes. Her other posts were pointed out there, so I knew of them second-hand. I have never been on the other two, except to follow the link and make sure her posts were, in fact, there. 

I am only here occasionally, so when that post was at the top of the page when I logged on, it jumped out at me. 

On 4/12/2018 at 5:48 AM, RememberSchiff said:

I Your suspicion appears warranted, but we moderators would need proof that she/he was the same person to take action regarding your concern of dishonesty or other violations of Scout Oath and Law.  FYI,  members usually issue a report on questionable or unscoutlike posts.

@NJCubScouter @LeCastor

Sorry to have not followed board ettiquette or scout protocol here! :unsure:  

The other boards I read work somewhat differently. 

I only intended to alert posters to a likely fraud so they wouldn't waste time and energy on thoughtful replies.   

• Thanks 1
  • 9 months later...

I am going on a camping weekend with the scouts that I'm a leader with but will have to take my 8yr old daughter along with me which the other kids/leaders don't mind. 

The problem is, I can't think of anything useful that she could do whilst there plus the weather isn't going to be great, if the forecast is anything to go by so she will need to take a hat and jacket but she usually loses hats and point blank refuses to zip her jacket up which means that I'm going to have to do it for her then explain that its unpleasant weather so needs zipped up. 

I suggested that but she doesn't like being away from me for long. 

As I said, the other leaders/scouts don't mind but its just me worrying that it will be far to cold for her so should I just make sure her jacket is zipped and hood up or hat on?