• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mashmaster said:

Only Seabase.  All others refer to DANI rules.  Which allow it if under control and passing a cold air lung test.

For myself, I was hoping for an exemption such as  "asthma under control with no attack in x years"....  Anyway, here is where  I was coming from https://www.scouting.org/outdoor-programs/aquatics/scuba-bsa/

Scuba diving is prohibited for the following conditions: 

• Use of medication to control seizures or seizure occurrence within the past five years 
  • Use of insulin to control diabetes
  • History of asthma or RAD unless resolution confirmed by methacholine testing (People who have been asymptomatic and medication free for the previous five years are exempt from the methacholine testing requirements.)
1 hour ago, RememberSchiff said:

For myself, I was hoping for an exemption such as  "asthma under control with no attack in x years"....  Anyway, here is where  I was coming from https://www.scouting.org/outdoor-programs/aquatics/scuba-bsa/

Scuba diving is prohibited for the following conditions: 

• Use of medication to control seizures or seizure occurrence within the past five years 
  • Use of insulin to control diabetes
  • History of asthma or RAD unless resolution confirmed by methacholine testing (People who have been asymptomatic and medication free for the previous five years are exempt from the methacholine testing requirements.)

Yeah this part: methacholine testing requirements  is what he would have to do for Scuba anywhere but Seabase.   Oh well, The rest of the crew will go, We will find a different adventure to go on.  He has already said no to Northern Tier (too many bugs...and to Philmont )  

7 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

h well, The rest of the crew will go, We will find a different adventure to go on.  He has already said no to Northern Tier (too many bugs...and to Philmont )  

I guess that means the Summit is in your future....unless you're into one of the council-run high adventure programs.  Fortunately, I hear good things about the Summit...