Scoutbook Transition from IA

Our advancements chair and COR are unable to log into Scoutbook using my.scouting.org credentials, all the documentation on the Scoutbook site says that they've enabled single sign-on, so we should use our my.scouting.org credentials to access Scoutbook.  WIth IA now going away we're stuck, and Scoutbook support has been non-responsive.  Anyone else having the same issue?

I had some trouble.  One problem was that it said I could use my email or username.  When I used my email, I could not sign on.  I had to use the my.scouting.org username.  Then it worked with my password.  It was confusing for a bit.  

I linked my account once and it worked.  A few days later is lost the link and I had to sign on via email.  Also, there are 5 leaders in my unit now listed twice.  They apparently had multiple BSA numbers and now Scoutnet is synchronized with Scoutbook.  It’s a mess....

16 minutes ago, BobWhiteVA said:

what did you do to set up the link?  We can't even log into Scoutbook.

When you go to Scoutbook the login page should have a message telling you to log in using your my.scouting.org login, both username and password.  

16 hours ago, MikeS72 said:

When you go to Scoutbook the login page should have a message telling you to log in using your my.scouting.org login, both username and password.  

Right, and as I noted in my original post, when we try that (both our COR and our advancements chair), we get an error:  "It looks like your BSA account is not setup with Scoutbook, if you have a Scoutbook account please login with your email/password then choose the option to link your my.Scouting.org account. If you do not have a Scoutbook account please complete the signup form to link your account."

I searched for "scoutbook sign up form" and found this: https://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/signup.asp. however, after submitting it I get "whoops! we encountered an error trying to process your request, our webmaster has been notified and will fix it ASAP!"

And still no response from Scoutbook to our trouble tickets.  Arghhhh.

Edited by BobWhiteVA

Any update on this?  I have been having trouble logging into Scoutbook as well.  I was finally get it to log in and it recognizes my name, but I do not see any option to set up my unit (I am the SM).  It won't let me set up for my own son.  It has been very frustrating trying to get it setup or even logged in.  I'm thinking to just continue using Troopmaster which works well for us, but I don't know if that will be an option going forward.  

Scoutbook definitely does not seem to be user friendly.  I foresee a lot of frustration in my future in trying to get others in my Troop setup to use it also.

Edited by awanatech