Tribe Mic-O-Say 2019 Winter Conclave

Camp Geiger's Tribe of Mic-O-Say had its 2019 Conclave in Savannah, Missouri on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019.

About 500 Scouts came from about ten different states to reconnect with one another, practice their dance moves, work on their costumes and play fun games with each other.

“We drive all the way up here from Texas, and we come up here to our conclave, which is our winter festival, to have friendships and fellowships with all the other tribesmen in the Mic-O-Say program,” Richard Covington, Mic-O-Say Medicine Man, said.

Mic-O-Say is an honor camping society. Scouts are tapped into the tribe during the camping season for advancing in scout rank. As the scouts continue to move up in scouting, they go through paint stations in the tribe.

The scouts start as braves, then advance to warriors, tom-tom beaters, fire builders, runners, keepers of the sacred bundle, sachem, medicine men, chieftain and chief.

The above is much more than the little I know about  Tribe Mic-O-Say. Will their Native American  program  be impacted like Order of Arrow ?  -RS

Sources:

http://www.newspressnow.com/news/local_news/scouts-gather-from-multiple-states-in-savannah/article_5db2e9be-e677-5ce0-80a0-abd066bd1d0b.html

The BSA might consider the turmoil of the Mic-O-Say spin off Tribe of the Silver Tomahawk.  There's a semi-official history at http://usscouts.org/honorsociety/silvertom.asp.  This was the lodge of my youth.  It's been almost 15 years since the last split.  My understanding is feelings are still strong.  The BSA might be surprised to discover where actual loyalties lie if they take on Mic-O-Say. 

My Tribal Name is Warrior Freedom’s Defender.  I entered the Heart of America Council (H Roe Bartle Scout Reservation) branch of the Tribe. The other branch is the Pony Express Council, Camp Geiger. 

I know one decision making member of the Geiger Branch. At this time, he is not talking about anything. I suspect the first priority is to figure out the issues gender integration will bring.