Life to Eagle Tracking

Hello,

New to forum. I used to be the Life Scout to Eagle Coordinator for my troop and have been asked to take the position on again. I used to be able to track the progress of the Life to Eagle Scouts using an Excel Spreadsheet that would assist in the filling out of the Eagle Rank Application. The spreadsheet was developed by another scouter from another district. I have searched all of my files and searched using many terms on Google and can't seem to find that spreadsheet. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of that form again? It was a valuable tool as it would check on and verify the minimum requirements for the Eagle Scout applications. I was able to keep the scouts and parents up to date as to their progress (especially useful when a Life Scout was working under the deadline of turning 18). I would appreciate anyone being able to point me into the right direction or direct me on another tool that can be used for this purpose. Thanks!

Does your troop use Scoutbook?  There are some helpful reports there that you can use:

There is an Individual Advancement Record (IAR) report, which is available from the Troop or Patrol pages.

Also at Scoutbook, you can download a pre-filled (but editable) Eagle Application that can help Scouts get started.

Your troop can give you access to Report Builder, which allows you to create custom reports.  One that would be helpful for you would be a progress toward Eagle report or a merit badge report where you select all of the Eagle-required merit badges.

I also have an Excel spreadsheet that you could use for an individual Scout, although I'm not sure how to upload it to the forum.

Edited by Thunderbird
  • Thanks 1

Agree on Scoutbook.  I am the Life to Eagle coordinator for our troop.  We have 10 - 12 Eagles per year.  The individual report is great.  Helps to see if the Scout has in fact turned in all the merit badge blue cards.  Also the dates are very useful.  I send them the link to the fillable PDF Eagle app and advise them to pull their report from Scoutbook.

For keeping up with the Scouts I have a basic Excel sheet that I sort by birthday and rank.  Also there are milestones like project approved, merit badges, have they reached out to me to review the process, SM conference, etc.   If they are closing on 18 I will check-in.  Still their responsibility to follow through.

4 hours ago, ACEMAN040 said:

Hello,

New to forum. I used to be the Life Scout to Eagle Coordinator for my troop and have been asked to take the position on again. I used to be able to track the progress of the Life to Eagle Scouts using an Excel Spreadsheet that would assist in the filling out of the Eagle Rank Application. The spreadsheet was developed by another scouter from another district. I have searched all of my files and searched using many terms on Google and can't seem to find that spreadsheet. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of that form again? It was a valuable tool as it would check on and verify the minimum requirements for the Eagle Scout applications. I was able to keep the scouts and parents up to date as to their progress (especially useful when a Life Scout was working under the deadline of turning 18). I would appreciate anyone being able to point me into the right direction or direct me on another tool that can be used for this purpose. Thanks!

These may not be exactly what you were using, but you perhaps could modify them to your needs:

http://trax.boy-scouts.net/scoutttrax.htm

If the troop uses Scoutbook, the Eagle Application report is the same exact form as the Eagle rank application form -- it's just pre-filled with information such as merit badge dates, etc.  It's also editable, so the Scout can change stuff, such as leadership positions, etc.

The link posted by @HashTagScouts looks pretty close to what @ACEMAN040 is looking for in a spreadsheet.  I would just caution you to compare the requirements very carefully to the current official Eagle Scout rank requirements.  A cursory look at the spreadsheet, and I do not see all of the PORs listed.  Not sure what else might need to be updated.

Current requirements are listed at the following link:

https://www.scouting.org/programs/boy-scouts/advancement-and-awards/

On 1/2/2019 at 6:34 PM, Jameson76 said:

For keeping up with the Scouts I have a basic Excel sheet that I sort by birthday and rank.  Also there are milestones like project approved, merit badges, have they reached out to me to review the process, SM conference, etc.   If they are closing on 18 I will check-in.  Still their responsibility to follow through.

I create a custom scoutbook report that shows rank, age, eagle required badges, etc.  Scoutbook would be a bit more useful if we could sort and invert the columns into rows.  But it's still a pretty good report.

• Upvote 1