Howdy from the Texas panhandle

Hi there!  Little background on me... eons ago, I was a little Girl Scout Brownie for a year or so, then joined not one, but two different Explorer Posts in high school (a high adventure post and an Indian Dance troop).  Fast forward to becoming a step-mom to two lovely kiddos, I have been a Committee Member and Merit Badge Counselor for the past three years of which our son has been in his Boy Scout troop. Our daughter has been a Girl Scout for about five years and I have helped out with her troop when I could. Funny side-note.... due to scheduling with my job and my husband's job, he ended up taking daughter to all the GSUSA stuff and I ended up taking son to all the BSA stuff (yay, more hammock camping for me ;) 

This February, I have the pleasure of stepping up as Scoutmaster for one of the new female Scouts BSA troops in our town.  Over the past month, I have been researching and reading everything I can get my hands on in order to do the best I can with starting up a new troop.  Since I just spent several hours reading many posts on this forum, decided that I should sign up and say "hi"

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  

Currently, I counsel photography, cycling, technology, and nature MBs. About 12 boys in our troop are working on their cycling (when our crazy Texas weather cooperates for the shorter rides) and they are planning on finishing the badge requirements with an epic day of mtn bike riding out at Palo Duro Canyon closer to summer time.