Merry Christmas! (I&P Version)

Merry Christmas, y'all! 

I put this in the 'Issues and Politics' forum in case some of you wanted to suggest that we say 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'.  Masticate my hiney!!

1- I wish that every girl scout troop finds enough female members and adult leaders to successfully  launch their own scouting adventure.

2- I hope that all Scouters find satisfaction in their efforts, and that their visions of Scouting's gifts are fully realized.  I appreciate that you are giving of your time.

3 - I freely share with all Scouters who are carrying forward with the new vision of Scouting, that I am jealous of your zeal; and no matter how misguided that I think that you are, I do wish you success.  I just could not do it any more.

4 - If you should find your stocking full of switches on Christmas morning, remember; it makes good kindling.

5 - Nevermind...

My 19 year old daughter is home from school tonight and cajoled me into watching what she remembers as a her favorite Christmas movie with daddy : 'Die Hard'.  It was great!  Beethoven wrote some great sinister rifts.  In the spirit of 'Die Hard', "Yippe Kye Yea, Mother Pluckers! And to all a good night!"

Legal Caveat: In case any of you should ever quote anything that I have said in this post and use it against me in a future thread, I shall deny that I wrote it and claim that my account was hacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JoeBob said:

in case some of you wanted to suggest that we say 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'.

If we want to nit-pick about language -- are you sure you mean "girl scout troop"?   Or do you mean "scout troop for girls"?

Either way, I agree with you that

1 hour ago, JoeBob said:

I wish that every girl scout troop finds enough female members and adult leaders to successfully  launch their own scouting adventure.

Edited by Treflienne
And I almost forgot. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Happy Channukah,  Happy Jesus' Birthday,  Merry Kwanzaa,  A Felicitous Holiday Season,  Jolly Super Saturday (like black Friday only shopping opportunity before 25 December),  A Pleasant Winter Solstice Yule,  and preparation for the New Year (take your pick). 

8 hours ago, JoeBob said:

Merry Christmas, y'all! 

I put this in the 'Issues and Politics' forum...

...favorite Christmas movie with daddy : 'Die Hard'

I&P is definitely the right place for this thread, because Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie.

In order to be a Christmas movie, it needs to be about Christmas, or Christmas needs to be integral to the story.  Just because a movie takes place near the holidays, doesn't cut it.  In Die Hard, for example, the only thing "Christmasy" was that they were there for a Christmas party.  Change it so that they were there celebrating "Nancy in Accounting's" retirement and the story is the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
41 minutes ago, Pale Horse said:

I&P is definitely the right place for this thread, because Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie.

In order to be a Christmas movie, it needs to be about Christmas, or Christmas needs to be integral to the story.  Just because a movie takes place near the holidays, doesn't cut it.  In Die Hard, for example, the only thing "Christmasy" was that they were there for a Christmas party.  Change it so that they were there celebrating "Nancy in Accounting's" retirement and the story is the same.

Don't be a hater :)!

• Upvote 1