Can you submit Eagle application after you turn 18?

One  of our Scouts is turning 18 on Dec. 26. He is having his SM conference tonight Dec. 20, which is his last requirement. 

If he gets the application in to Council after Dec. 26, is he still OK? 

The rule says you must complete all the requirements by 18. Doesn't really address the application, although I'm aware that there is a clock ticking on that Eagle BOR. 

YES!  Everything but the Board of Review must be signed off as completed prior to 18, which is December 26th.  Since the EBOR must also sign off on it, as long as it is turned in and all of the signatures on it, except the EBOR are dated prior to 12-26-18, he is good.

One thing I would do as insurance, MAKE A DIGITAL COPY AND PHOTOCOPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION!!!!! (emphasis) Not only save it, but I would email mail it to the registrar with a note saying the original is in the mail.  SEND THE APPLICATION CERTIFIED MAIL OR HAND DELIVER AND TAKE A PHOTO OF THE LIFE SCOUT DROPPING IT OFF! ( again emphasis) We had issues in my council, and the photos helped. Also submitted an electronic copy of the app since "we never received the application." Pictures and ecopy helped out in speeding the delayed approval process. We found out they "never received the application" 3 months after the BOR.

Probably the best thing to do would to be to check with your council to be sure.  According to the guide to advancement the application can be submitted after the 18th birthday, but I would be sure to be able to document that all other requirements, including signatures and the personal statement, were completed prior to that date.

41 minutes ago, CherokeeScouter said:

One  of our Scouts is turning 18 on Dec. 26. He is having his SM conference tonight Dec. 20, which is his last requirement. 

If he gets the application in to Council after Dec. 26, is he still OK? 

The rule says you must complete all the requirements by 18. Doesn't really address the application, although I'm aware that there is a clock ticking on that Eagle BOR. 

We once had a Scout who finished his last Merit Badge for Eagle at 11 pm on the night before his 18th birthday. The requirement is that all requirements be done, that does not include the application. 

• 2 weeks later...

There ares notes in the Guide to Advancement.  Lots of note on timeliness

From section 9.0.1.5 Submit to Council Service Center

"There is no requirement that the application must be completed or submitted before the 18th birthday.  Councils do not have the authority to reject applications submitted on of after that date"