OA Adviser Insignia?

Hey all! This month I started service as our OA Chapter Secretary Adviser. Well, at our Roundtable last night the previous adviser to the secretary handed me a badge of office that says "Order of the Arrow Chapter Adviser" on it, and told me I could put it on my uniform. However - isn't this patch for THE Chapter Adviser? He told me all the advisers, for all the positions, wear them, but I am pretty sure only the adviser to the Chapter Chief is supposed to wear it. Am I right? Or just hopelessly confused? Any and all information is helpful. Thanks all! 

The Chapter Adviser patch would be for the Chapter Adviser, they have Associate Chapter Adviser Patches for the other Advisers. Which our Lodges plan book states that each Chapter Adviser should appoint a minimum of 3 Chapter Associate Advisers in consultation with the DE and the District Camping Committee. 

• Upvote 1

Hikeoholic is correct. Associate Chapter Adviser would be the more appropriate patch. However, at one time, they didn't have those patches. Folks would be "Co-Advisers" in some areas. We still have one guy calling himself "Chapter Co-Adviser" and wearing the Chapter Adviser patch. Considering he has been doing the same jobs for the chapter and lodge for over 30 years, no one is complaining.