Lost Eagle Scout Project Proposal

I honestly think I misplaced my signed proposal workbook that my district wants me to bring to the Pre EBOR. I still have a copy of the proposal, but it is not signed.

I have EVERYTHING besides that. I even have every single receipt for the materials I bought.

If anyone has any tips on how I should handle this, please let me know.

Edited by ItsBrian
Just now, NealOnWheels said:

Can you explain what happened to all the signers and have them sign a new copy?

Not sure what a pre BOR is.

In my district they call it a post project + pre BOR meeting, where they make sure you’re ready for your BOR.

I could easily get them to sign it again, but what about the council signature?

The district / council approval person likely has a copy.  Contact them for a "refresh"

I have not heard of the post project + pre BOR meeting.   Our troop has 8 - 10 Eagles annually.  The final check is performed during the SM conference.  If the Scout wants a review then the Life to Eagle coordinator sets up a quick meeting.

Just now, Jameson76 said:

The district / council approval person likely has a copy.  Contact them for a "refresh"

I have not heard of the post project + pre BOR meeting.   Our troop has 8 - 10 Eagles annually.  The final check is performed during the SM conference.  If the Scout wants a review then the Life to Eagle coordinator sets up a quick meeting.

I always kept a digital copy of the proposal and I printed another one out, but I do not have a signed one anymore. Yeah my district has 3 meetings. First is the proposal (pre-project). Second is the post project and pre EBOR. Third is the EBOR.

So long as the original approvers still remember you coming to them for their signatures, I don't see why anyone would have a problem signing again after hearing your explanation. Examine past emails, text messages, etc for the exact dates when you had them sign your original paperwork. That may be helpful in refreshing their memories, if needed.

Ask for it to be re-signed using the original dates of review and signature.  Scouter's should be friendly and help.  It's a whoops, not a circumventing processes. 

If you don't get help, take it to the next level. 

Even if not signed, I'd still submit it with an explanation.  

ANOTHER VIEW comes from BSA Nov/Dec 2017 Advancement News talked about signatures on the proposal.  The topic is "Jumping the gun."  https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/advancement_news/2017_Nov-Dec.pdf

Their view is the advancement requirement is to develop, plan and lead a project.  Paperwork and signatures are NOT part of the requirement.  They are enablers to ensure a better path toward success.  Without signatures, you could have issues.  Signatures make a smoother path.  But strictly speaking, they are NOT the requirement.  

So if you lost the signatures, it's a mistake but not circumventing the process.  Ask to see how is best to remedy the situation.  

Edited by fred8033
  • Upvote 1

ItsBrian,

I was holding my breath hoping you'd find your copy somewhere. Glad it worked out. We're very proud of all of your hard work and dedication to the program, that got you to this point. Rock that EBOR.

Congratulations,

sst3rd

• Thanks 2