Does your district collect the signed Eagle Scout proposal workbook?

My district's EBOR requires 2 copies of everything. One copy is for the Scout's personal records. The other is for the Council's records. I am extremely glad they require 2 copies of everything. My council lost one of my Eagles completed application. We found out they lost the application 2-3 months after it was submitted and we had not heard anything back. They said they never received it, despite them receiving the other 2 Eagle applications that were in the same package.  My Eagle's copy was scanned and sent via email stat.

Not the project paperwork, that goes back to the troop and Eagle

As others have noted we sign 2 copies of the Eagle application, one for the troop and one the district retains.  Also the district keeps a record of who was on the EBOR, there seems to be a form.  For our district the troop is responsible to file the completed one at the council office.

Brian,

Are you asking pre- or post- EBOR?  For my District, the signed workbook and application are collected and turned into the Council Scout Office (with the letters of recommendation, etc.).  From there they make their way to the District Advancement Team and then to the EBOR.  After the EBOR I think the Eagle App went with the District folks and the project stuff was returned to the Scout.  It's been a few years since I've been through the process though.

2 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

Brian,

Are you asking pre- or post- EBOR?  For my District, the signed workbook and application are collected and turned into the Council Scout Office (with the letters of recommendation, etc.).  From there they make their way to the District Advancement Team and then to the EBOR.  After the EBOR I think the Eagle App went with the District folks and the project stuff was returned to the Scout.  It's been a few years since I've been through the process though.

Sorry I forgot to mention, the first meeting with the district where they sign / approve the proposal workbook.

7 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

Ah, in that case, at least in my district, the workbook would go back with the Scout.

I’m asking since I’m confused why I have everything besides the signed proposal. I asked my other friends and they think it was collected but not sure.