Woggle -> Slide -> Friendship Knot, What's your pleasure?

Woggle -> Slide -> Friendship Knot  

24 members have voted

1. 1. With what are you keeping your neckerchief in place?

• Woggle. (I.e., a turkshead knot of leather or rope.)
    • Slide - Standard issue. (I.e., metal stamped to look like a woggle with logo for your program.)
    • Slide - Collectible (I.e., mass produced special issue. Like Eagle Scout, events, etc ...)
    • Slide - Handmade (Okay, 3-D printed single issue counts.)
    • Friendship Knot

"It depends"    I occasionally sponsor  a contest to my home troop, I invite the Scouts to make a slide/woggle  and submit it to a contest. Held after a Court of Honor in February usually, I invite one of the local school art teachers to come in and judge the entries, as to artistic merit,  practicality, etc.   Prizes?  I elicit free coupons from the local McDonalds and ice cream shops, seems to be popular that way.  

Some years I get some very interesting entries some years small rolls of duct tape.... 

Included , I do an exhibit of the neckers and woggle/slides I have collected thru the years.   

Woodcarving MB used to be a source of woggle creation. You could buy a wood blank at the camp store and carve it out during the summer camp week.  Does anyone else see that happening lately? 

Sic Gloria Necker.... 

Webelos den leader uniform:  Webelos adult necker and webelos slide.  We do make themed slides each month that I wear at pack meetings.

Scoutmaster uniform:  Troop logo necker and either a yellow paracord woggle, or my son make me a 3-d printed yellow Troop 111 slide

District committee uniform: Handmade wooden slide, made by a host unit for a district event

With two of the troops I was involved in, there were specific color woggles that were worn with the troop necker. With one troop the SM made them, and later me. Troop I just left I made them. Paracord is OK, but I like something a little sturdier. My old woggle was made of white clothesline. Troop I left used red electrical wire.

As a Cub Den Leader, depending upon the necker I wore dictated the slide or woggle worn. Some neckers had specific slides, like my 100th World anniversary necker and slide, or my international necker and slide. Most of the time, I wore a woggle.

I've done the Friendship Knot twice. Once was with my 1995 WSJ necker. the official jambo slide is too small, and most folks wore the slides on each side of the necker like a necklace. Another time was promoting international Scouting.

We are a non neckerchief wearing troop, so the only one I tend to wear is my Wood Badge one, and then only on formal occasions.  

I will wear an one of my many old neckers from time to time with one of my 60's uniforms,  the kid's at CSDC got a kick out of both the uniform and the bicentennial necker that I wore with it this summer.