I'm running Jambowlree again this year, and it would be great to get some more teams involved from the ten pin bowling motherland :)

Jambowlree is the (unofficial) Worldwide Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition, Dec '18 - May '19. Entries open to all sections from any country.

You'll definitely be taking part in an international competition, check out the website under "global" for maps of where teams have entered from.

Premise is simple...

Go bowling
Enter your scores
Wait
See if you've won

Ok, it's a tiny bit more complicated than that, like there's a small entry fee ($7) for as many teams as you like, but not much.

And there's a blanket badge. Of course.

Cheers,

Ian
15 hours ago, MattR said:

Is there a way to submit photos? I'd enjoy seeing photos of scouts from around the world.

Hi Matt,

If you want to submit photos, you can either email them to us info@jambowlree.org and I'll put them on facebook, or what a lot of people do is just post them straight onto our facebook page. 

If you just want to look at some of the photos, said facebook page 

https://www.facebook.com/Jambowlree/

is the place to go. If you are logged in you'll see everyones photos, but even if not there will be some there.

What I've learnt is bowling alleys look more or less the same all over the world. Garish carpets and dazzle camouflage backwalls especially.

Cheers,

Ian

5 hours ago, ianwilkins said:

... What I've learnt is bowling alleys look more or less the same all over the world. Garish carpets and dazzle camouflage backwalls especially.

Please, someone in the Hudson valley, send @ianwilkins an image of scouts playing a round of nine pins in the woods with the SM's sleeping on aging camp chairs in the background!

Edited by qwazse
8 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Please, someone in the Hudson valley, send @ianwilkins an image of scouts playing a round of nine pins in the woods with the SM's sleeping on aging camp chairs in the background!

:) 

sounds like what we in the UK call skittles, 9 pins in a diamond, small balls, though looking a wikipedia, only a superficial similarity. Seems there's a nice wide variety of "let's chuck a ball at bits of wood".  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ianwilkins said:

sounds like what we in the UK call skittles, 9 pins in a diamond, small balls, though looking a wikipedia, only a superficial similarity. Seems there's a nice wide variety of "let's chuck a ball at bits of wood". 

Probably ... my reference is to Irving's "Rip Van-Winkle" ... the key feature being playing it in someplace carpeted with leaves with the valley wall as a backdrop.

• Like 1