Sign in to follow this  
mashmaster

Sea Scout forum?

Not a Sea Scout myself,  but I would support such a thing, it would be a nice match to the Venture Scout and Faith and Chaplaincy forums....  oh, wait... 

• Haha 1

There is a forum for Venturing. 

Venture Scouts as a specific program element ... isn’t, anymore. Think of it like one of the 10 Varsity teams still under charter nationally. 

13 hours ago, SSScout said:

Not a Sea Scout myself,  but I would support such a thing, it would be a nice match to the Venture Scout and Faith and Chaplaincy forums....  oh, wait... 

Dang! Great minds think a like. I was thinking, if there isn't enough traffic, combine it with the Religious forum.......oh, wait.....

Barry

I wonder how many Sea Scouts we have here.  I happened to have a long conversation with the upcoming National Commodore this weekend.  He was trapped in my car 🙂  And I was surprised at the numbers of Sea Scouts and think it is a hidden jewel.

to the Sea Scouts out there...   Henry  Nygard and his good wife (whose name escapes me at present) were good friends of our family, I went to school with both his kids, Ken and Fred..... 

11 hours ago, SSScout said:

to the Sea Scouts out there...   Henry  Nygard and his good wife (whose name escapes me at present) were good friends of our family, I went to school with both his kids, Ken and Fred..... 

cool

I was an (ordinary) Scout, and thought the new Sea Scout Ship (759, Ashton MD) was a very cool idea.  But I stayed a Land Scout thru my career.  SS759 started out with a raft created from 55 gallon drums fastened together for a trip down the tidal  Potomac and around and up the bay to Annapolis MD.  Thank you , Henry. 

• Like 1