What is the Southern Region doing to recruit so many girls?

Interesting to hear that this is more of a national trend. 

It would seem that packs and troops focusing on the outdoor program might indeed be a very good way to recruit both girls & boys.  i.e. join Scouts BSA for an active, outdoor program.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am in the Atlanta Area Council. It's been my impression that Cub and Boy Scout enrollment has been higher than in some other parts of the country for years.  I know that Atlanta has a population boo

And the plural of "y'all" is "all y'all".   I would agree with @KarenZ that AAC has always been a powerhouse and one of the largest councils. That's where I started Scouting in 3rd grade as a Bea

What!!!  Numbers fudging in the BSA???  Sort of like this.....

7 hours ago, Eagledad said:

Policy change over the last few years tend to pull the Cubs away from the outdoor program. I believe much of the trend is to prevent litigation. So, it will be interesting.

Barry

I couldn't agree more. Last year I had a parent who wasn't happy with our Pack's programming. So I asked for her suggestions on how we could improve things more to her liking. And one by one I had to shoot down her ideas because they didn't pass muster with the Guide to Safe Scouting as applied to Cub Scouts. While it was personally satisfying to not be the unimaginative idiot she thought I was, it made me sad to say, "no", to activities that I'm sure our boys would have loved.