Fitness Goals for Scouters

LOL, that's much better. Might want to extend that rest to stay safe.....just sayin'

17 hours ago, mashmaster said:

Here is a scaled version.

4 rounds

1. 400m brisk walk
  2. 15 Step Ups on a stair ~6"?
  3. 15 air squats
  4. 15 push press 10# dumbell each arm
  5. 10 push-ups on knees
  6. 15 crunchs 
  7. 2 minute rest

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I take groups on day hikes or backpacking, if their preparedness is unknown I start with some 'creampuffs' and then progress toward the real deal. I confess that I was greatly heartened a couple

I think "physically strong" is directly linked to "do your best." I'll re-share my favorite example of a scouter who was physically strong. I was a Tenderfoot.  One of my SMs in AZ was a WWI

You lose much more weight from diet than from exercise. Exercise certainly helps, but is more important for strength and agility. As we age, functional exercises become more important than streng

Posted Images

I think the fitness standard should be for one to do their best. And the only way to do that is to do something one enjoys.

For some reason I do not like anything with reps. I would much rather go for a bike ride or a hike. For those that like doing reps, I'm jealous.

• Upvote 1
On 10/25/2018 at 3:47 PM, mashmaster said:

Hmmm, a good WOD (Workout Of the Day) would be:

4 rounds

1. 400m run
  2. 25 20" Box Step Ups
  3. 25 deadlift (barbell or dumbell or kettle bell) weight varied 45# - 65#
  4. 25 kettle bell swings 35# or 55#
  5. 10 push-ups
  6. 25 sit-ups
  7. 2 minute rest

What do you think?

What do I think? Well, it brought to my knees. I crashed after round 2. Well, I actually only got 80% of round 2.

My knees can't handle running, so I replaced the 400m run with 15 Burpees.

I did this WOD workout after an upper body workout, so I'm going to try it again by itself. Wish me luck. 

Barry

38 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

What do I think? Well, it brought to my knees. I crashed after round 2. Well, I actually only got 80% of round 2.

My knees can't handle running, so I replaced the 400m run with 15 Burpees.

I did this WOD workout after an upper body workout, so I'm going to try it again by itself. Wish me luck. 

Barry

Good Job!  I hate Burpees.. those are the worst.I probably would have replaced the 400m run with doing 300m on the rower.