Pack leader dues

Most Packs and or Troops in my district cover that cost as a part of the annual budget.

On the district level, most of us are also affiliated with a unit, so we do not pay anything for the secondary position.  District staff who are not with a unit pay their own registration costs.

• 3 weeks later...

Our pack divides the cost of adult leaders out amongst the Cubs. Never an issue until year before last - one family felt it was unfair for everyone to pay for the adults.   They were confused and thought the parent volunteer/DL and their Cub were free. When it’s just the leader. Every kid pays. 

That same family also felt there should be a family discount (we told them they didn’t need to get 2 BL subscriptions) but national & council fees and insurance fees are per person and we didn’t have the funds to offer that much of a discount but had recycled uniforms if that would help at all.  

They didn’t return last year - the new pack they joined called and asked if we gave them a 2 for 1 price since they wanted one there. (Guess they didn’t know it’s a small community of volunteers)

• 1 month later...

We ask a lot from our leaders and we don't make them pay for the privilege of spending so much time helping us run the program. We have an effective fundraising team and they find ways to raise more than enough to cover the expense of having such fine, dedicated leaders.  It actually makes it easier for us to recruit leaders. 

• 3 weeks later...

In both the pack and troop, leaders pay their own dues.  I think we'd like to pay them for folks, but we've always tried to keep dues low for the boys.

I've never had a leader balk at it.

*EDIT - sorry, didn't catch that this was an old thread*

Edited by ParkMan
Added comment