Targeting Boy with False Allegations

The story is pretty close to home.

I'm pretty sure the next round of false accusers won't think twice about how other false accusers were punished.

What I would like is these young people to reconcile and make restitution. Then I would like one of them to study law and exercise it so well that she could be nominated to the Supreme Court.

11 hours ago, cocomax said:

This is life destroying levels of wrong. . . people making false reports should be punished, if they are allowed to get away with it things are only going to get worse.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/14142176-74/lawsuit-accuses-seneca-valley-mean-girls-of-targeting-teen-boy-with-false

At least they admitted to the lies before the young man spent 20 years in prison.  But that's ok, boys lives are just collateral damage in the dismantling of the white patriarchal hierarchy of power.

3 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

Near the top of my newsfeed today, a website, designed to allow for anonymous accusations against young men.

A web site called "Make Them Scared"  okay. . . 

Well,  I am scared for my son and all young men that have to face this mess.  This is not a good thing for the whole human race, men and women.

I've wondered how this affects young men.  I know many young men right now that are just not interested in dating.  It's very strange and alien to me.  I always thought it was internet and online gaming.  I suspect this is a strong contributor.  

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, fred johnson said:

I've wondered how this affects young men.  I know many young men right now that are just not interested in dating.  It's very strange and alien to me.  I always thought it was internet and online gaming.  I suspect this is a strong contributor.  

Guys won't come out and say it publicly, at least I am not hearing anything, but they are afraid of this.  When polled, the #MeTo movement was mentioned in the anonymous online poll we took. One Scout described a situation occurring similar to the  OP's link.

And I can understand. My brother was accused of molesting my nieces by his ex-wife to get custody. Thankfully he was able to prove innocence, but it nearly destroyed him. Even though he had joint custody, whenever he had the kids, he stayed at my mom's house with them.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, scoutldr said:

I have been married going on 44 years.  My wife once asked me "if something happens to me, would you find someone else?"  My immediate response now would be "hell no!"  She has some "liberal feminist" friends who behave worse than any of my horndog male buddies ever did but are staunchly in favor of hanging Kavanaugh out to dry.  Why would I risk subjecting myself to that?  Ladies, I'm afraid you've "screwed the pooch" this time...so take your pink hats and leave me alone.

Sadly, I've heard your view from scouts too.  Add also discussions from them on why many different types of laws need to change.  Laws on everything from liability to the oldest profession laws.  ... I've always been amazed what we can overhear as adult leaders when you are good at blending into the background.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Interesting. My wife has asked the same thing. All I could think of as a response was: "I am really, really tired." 

For some reason that was good enough. But the truth is that...I really am really, really tired. No one in their right mind would want this old bag of bones.

Children have active imaginations and they develop the ability to lie very quickly. I'm not sure if it's innate or if they're taught but false accusations are serious and I'm fairly certain that young people don't take this seriously enough. A false accusation creates multiple victims, including the accuser. I don't have a solution after the accusation has been made other than to make sure that the truth comes out and that the accuser knows how wrong it is. 

Edited by packsaddle
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Sentinel947 said:

If you write a blog post online accusing me by name of a crime I didn't commit, couldn't I sue you? Not sure if it's "defamation" or if it's a different word. 

You could, and yes, it’s defamation.  But NealOnWheels was not talking about the writer of a post.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, NealOnWheels said:

I wonder how long it will be before the owners and hosts of this website are sued for defamation of character.

Hi NoW, Are you commenting about THIS website or the one linked in the original post?

• Confused 1