Girl issue on social media

Our council posted photos from one of the District on the council Facebook page. Den of happy arrow of light age girls.

Then a photo of them with the flag. 

All in uniform - wearing shorts. No big deal right. Except 1 young girl had her shirt untucked (my pet peeve) bit it didn’t even cover her shorts. So it looks like she was only wearing a shirt and sneakers.   I get it, Scout shorts aren’t inexpensive and maybe they were out of her size or uncomfortable but at least wear something longer on the bottom than the hem of the shirt (it liked like a 60s micromini dress). I can’t believe no one caught that at council before posting it. If it were my kid I would call it have it taken down. There are some sick/weird/unsavory types that would enjoy that kind of photo of children in the world. 

@Momleader, and you think the same thing hasn't happened with pictures of our boys? We have to complete the paperwork and behave with unnatural circumspection thanks to these "sick/weird/unsavory types".

I have had this constant tension with my scouts (not just youth, but adult scouters who put together images for training videos and such) about modesty their in social media presence, especially in uniform (be it scouts or sports). Some of my fellow parents accuse me of being "Old World" or spending too much time with muslims. (Neither is an insult in my book.) Or, play takes-one-to-know-one regarding me and those "unsavory types". (Which is an insult, for which I need to remind myself that ad hominem indicates hollowness on the part of the accuser.)

We as a culture are stuck in the '60s. Only it's the 1760's, 1860's, and 1960's all at once.

So, I have learned to breath deep and accept that for everyone like me and you whose alarms raise at such things, there are others who think, "Aw, cute, looks like something for my kid."

Get to know the moderators of those pages, and learn how to discretely express your concerns. See if that improves things.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:01 AM, Momleader said:

Our council posted photos from one of the District on the council Facebook page. Den of happy arrow of light age girls.

Then a photo of them with the flag. 

All in uniform - wearing shorts. No big deal right. Except 1 young girl had her shirt untucked (my pet peeve) bit it didn’t even cover her shorts. So it looks like she was only wearing a shirt and sneakers.   I get it, Scout shorts aren’t inexpensive and maybe they were out of her size or uncomfortable but at least wear something longer on the bottom than the hem of the shirt (it liked like a 60s micromini dress). I can’t believe no one caught that at council before posting it. If it were my kid I would call it have it taken down. There are some sick/weird/unsavory types that would enjoy that kind of photo of children in the world. 

I've seen similar photos and I share your concern.  With many parent's lackadaisical/defensive attitude towards a proper uniform for their scout, this will be a common sight.  Might even become a fad among the girls.

Put it on social media, it's 100x worse.  Too many sickos out there.