Jump to content
Eagledad

Why the BSA should have stayed away from the transgender trend, part 2

Recommended Posts

Here's another article of why I think a youth organization that supports transgenders is dangerous to the child. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/pediatrician-groups-transgender-orthodoxy/

 

“If I had only found one alternative, authoritative source that told me the truth, I would never have taken her to a gender clinic. I would never have supported her social transition. I would have questioned this more. I am angry at myself for trusting groups like the AAP. I am angrier at these doctors for publishing this false and dangerous advice.”

Barry

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the relevance of that article to my understanding of BSA policy related to transgender youth. BSA only goes as far as accepting the gender written on the application. BSA makes no suggestions on what types of therapy  to use, nor any timeline for transition , nor if any particular approach is good, bad, or indifferent.  

From reading the article I can understand your emotion regarding the topic, and the way the AAP guidance is phrased. 

And maybe it is just me, but I don't see the strong connection to BSA. You of course are free to see it differently than I do. If BSA made such statements and pushed for any child questioning who they are to get gender reassignment surgery ASAP, then I would think they had gone too far. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gender is not really any of the BSA's business.  Sure, a child will need to pick a boy or girl troop.  OK, that's all.  It ends there.

As for all of this medical intervention in teens, basic common sense would suggest that young people need to reach adulthood before making these kinds of medical moves.  Yes, puberty is awkward, but it is important.  Why would any doctor commit to life altering elective surgery on a healthy minor?  It's irresponsible. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My point has always been that accepting transgender scouts put volunteers in a position of possible abuse by encouraging a behavior that could be harmful. 

Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

My point has always been that accepting transgender scouts put volunteers in a position of possible abuse by encouraging a behavior that could be harmful. 

Barry

Are you saying that scouters should therefore, if you have to accept a transgender child, to actively discourage them from being transgender as it's behaviour that could be harmful? Because doing nothing is accepting what they are, and therefore encouraging, and therefore possibly abuse?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ianwilkins said:

Are you saying that scouters should therefore, if you have to accept a transgender child, to actively discourage them from being transgender as it's behaviour that could be harmful? Because doing nothing is accepting what they are, and therefore encouraging, and therefore possibly abuse?

 

I'm saying that by putting volunteers in a position to accept transgender scouts possibly sets them up as abusers simply by accepting them.

Barry

Edited by Eagledad
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

I'm saying that by putting volunteers in a position to accept transgender scouts sets possibly sets them up as abusers simply by accepting them.

Barry

Best go full co-ed then. Problem disappears. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ianwilkins said:

Best go full co-ed then. Problem disappears. ;)

Until tent assignments are considered.

Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

Until tent assignments are considered.

Barry

Hammocks. Hammocks is the answer.

No no, don't mention toilets and showers. 

To be honest, just about anything can be figured out with a bit of compassion and decency. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ianwilkins said:

Hammocks. Hammocks is the answer.

No no, don't mention toilets and showers. 

To be honest, just about anything can be figured out with a bit of compassion and decency. 

Which gets back to the subject of the discussion, volunteers trying hard to contribute possible harm of a youth. Why? Based on what, information like that from AAP?

Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagledad said:

Until tent assignments are considered.

Barry

sexual activity happened in tents between boys long before the acceptance of trans scouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkwin said:

sexual activity happened in tents between boys long before the acceptance of trans scouts.

The discussion isn't about the youth, it's about adults contributing to the harm of the youth by accepting their transgender as normal. The youth may not understand what they are feeling, but putting them in situations they may later regret could cause more harm. Let's use your example, who put the youth in the tent where they had sexual activity? Families don't need scouting to get through this situation.

It's politically correct to accept the youth at their word these days. But it's courageous to say, we don't want to be part of the complicated situation the youth is struggling through at the moment. 

Barry

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please show some common respect? The term is not “transgenders” or “their transgender.” That is language that dehumanizes people.

Barry, I know that we are going to disagree, and I know that you are going to continue to thump on this bizarre drum of “abuse,” but I hope that you can find it in yourself to refer to humans as humans.

Being a transgendered person is not about “behavior,” as you repeatedly claim in thread after thread. It is about living a life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shortridge said:

Can we please show some common respect? The term is not “transgenders” or “their transgender.” That is language that dehumanizes people.

Barry, I know that we are going to disagree, and I know that you are going to continue to thump on this bizarre drum of “abuse,” but I hope that you can find it in yourself to refer to humans as humans.

Being a transgendered person is not about “behavior,” as you repeatedly claim in thread after thread. It is about living a life.

LOL, I'm being respectful using the common language of the subject. If you want to correct me, fine. But don't accuse me of disrespect. I believe my perspective is the compassionate side of the discussion. 

Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×