some people have some nerve

4 minutes ago, The Latin Scot said:

As with any bully, the solution is simple.

Ignore her. 

Do not respond to any of her emails on this subject. If she confronts you in person, simply tell her kindly and calmly "the issue is already decided." Do not offer up any other explanation, do not attempt to satisfy her demands, do not engage with her on this matter at all. She has absolutely no right nor authority nor legitimate reason to make any of these demands on you nor your son, so just let her scream and holler till her voice is hoarse and she collapses in frustration. These people always tend to dig their own graves, so don't waste your time trying to help with the process.

DO make sure you are not condescending nor patronizing about it though; the more polite and civil you are during this episode, the more control you will have over the discussion. And your goal is to eliminate the discussion entirely. Kill her with kindness, and don't give her an inch. Sometimes, the biggest victories are won from the battles you choose not to fight. 

sounds like good advice

Problem solved, talked to several OA advisors and they all said she is dead wrong.  Talked with my son about switching troops and he was relieved.  He is happy to be free of the SM.  It makes me sad and frustrated that others will have to deal with her.  I can't wait to see there response when they receive my respectful letter to the CC that we are transferring troops and districts.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, mashmaster said:

I can't wait to see there response when they receive my respectful letter to the CC that we are transferring troops and districts.

While internet advancement isn’t perfect, if they play games with his records, at least there’s a computer record already. Log on to my Scouting for him and snag a download...or have him do it. 

7 hours ago, John-in-KC said:

While internet advancement isn’t perfect, if they play games with his records, at least there’s a computer record already. Log on to my Scouting for him and snag a download...or have him do it. 

Thanks.  I didn't think about that.

Can parents access Internet Advancement?  If not, you should be able to get a copy of your son's advancement records from your troop's advancement coordinator.  Another option is to request a copy of the advancement record from your council registrar.  Does your son's troop use Scoutbook?  If so, then you should be able to print out a copy of his Boy Scout History Report or his Individual Advancement Record (although you might need an Admin to help you get a copy of the IAR).

12 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

Can parents access Internet Advancement?  If not, you should be able to get a copy of your son's advancement records from your troop's advancement coordinator.  Another option is to request a copy of the advancement record from your council registrar.  Does your son's troop use Scoutbook?  If so, then you should be able to print out a copy of his Boy Scout History Report or his Individual Advancement Record (although you might need an Admin to help you get a copy of the IAR).

I was able to print a report from Scoutbook.  I seriously hope there is no need for this.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:03 PM, mashmaster said:

...Talked with my son about switching troops and he was relieved.  He is happy to be free of the SM...

Reading this thread up to this point and not knowing whether your sone would be staying with this troop, I was kind of wondering how that would work out. In all unfortunate likelihood this SM would have made life more difficult for him going forward. 

Sad that it came to this but in these kinds of situations there often is no other way forward. Glad to hear your son is happy to continue scouting elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...