some people have some nerve

Not surprisingly my favorite scoutmaster put out an email that for anyone going to the OA Fall Assembly they needed to email her, then when emailed she said my son and I needed to see her first.  ummm, no, that isn't how it works she doesn't control OA attendance.  Some gaul she has....

What reason does she give for needing to know who is attending and seeing them first? 

I can imagine reasonable reasons like to ask you to bring back specific information or for carpooling reasons. Of course I can also imagine plenty of reasons that have more to do with control. 

If she was the SM at the time of the election, then she had to approve his nomination.  That is part of the process.  If she did not approve it, but someone from the unit did so in her stead, then it is still an approval at this point.  Any contesting should have occurred at the time of the election.  Now as noted, if she approved him for being a candidate for election and since something might have occurred to be of concern, she should have gone to the OA leadership.  I am simply curious as to what we are not hearing in this situation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mashmaster said:

She was an ASM at that point but part of the process.  She is upset because he has been much more active in the Ship than the troop.  Can't fault a kid for being active in scouting IMHO.

I'd tell him to show up at the first troop meeting following Ordeal wearing his sash with a huge grin...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A few questions.

Did the SM at the time of election approve his name to be on the ballot? Apparently Yes.

Was he elected by his peers to be a candidate? Apparently Yes.

He needs to go through his Ordeal, and teh SM has no say at this point. He was approved and elected.

I had to deal with a similar situation once. SM approved a Scout, thinking he would not get elected. Scout got elected, and when  the election team told the SM, he want berserk demanding that the name be removed. I had to intervene and I had to leave because he went beserk and was cursing me out. He followed me and the team to my car and was yelling at use while I was driving away.