Dorky Patch Placement Questions

8 hours ago, qwazse said:

Full disclosure: I've never seen a scout with any insignia, let alone ovals, on the back of their sash. Maybe it's not an Northeast thing?

Pss! I have a few times, but that's because I live in an extremely competitive and materialistic area where people are always trying to one-up each other. So even if I did snap one day and start issuing tickets for uniform "mal-wear", I would just get ignored anyway. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

He should realize and be proud enough to keep his uniform "up to date".  He can learn to sew on the requisite patches.   

Rear of MB sash is NOT the place for out of date ranks and such.  Jamboree patches, yes.  

A shoebox under the bed is the "traditional" place for out of date , collected patches.   I kept all the patches I earned and places I visited. Source of conversation with Scoutson many years later.  

A patch blanket is a good thing, but counsel Scout not to let it be the goal.  It is a record, but not the goal.   

See him (and you !)  on the trail.....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WisconsinMomma said:

Do the troops around you do patch trading?  I don't think this is a thing in our area, or I've not seen it yet. 

Troops don't. Scouts do... especially when they start rambling. Some never seem to quit ... https://www.scouter.com/forum/28-patch-trading-central/

Personally, I find an exquisite pleasure in giving a kid from FL a klondike derby patch.