jsychk

Need guidance please

Ok, I clarified the eating part with my son this evening, whether they denied his food or not. He said no and yes. They let him to go through the food line. He got the fruit(s). When he asked to go to the salad bar, he was told to sit down. He said the whole troop knows that he only eats fruits and salad at the camp. He was hungry for 2 days (and also didn't sleep for 2 nights). He said he knows how the kids in poor countries feel about hunger. So, I told him how lucky he was because at least he knew where it would end but those poor kids would not. Of course, after he got back home, I fed him real good. To my knowledge, I don't think anyone have starved to death in America so I am not that worried. 

• Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, jsychk said:

Ok, I clarified the eating part with my son this evening, whether they denied his food or not. He said no and yes. They let him to go through the food line. He got the fruit(s). When he asked to go to the salad bar, he was told to sit down. He said the whole troop knows that he only eats fruits and salad at the camp. He was hungry for 2 days (and also didn't sleep for 2 nights). He said he knows how the kids in poor countries feel about hunger. So, I told him how lucky he was because at least he knew where it would end but those poor kids would not. Of course, after he got back home, I fed him real good. To my knowledge, I don't think anyone have starved to death in America so I am not that worried. 

Is he a vegetarian? Did you ask for any special accommodations when you registered with the unit? 

18 hours ago, David CO said:

Is he a vegetarian? Did you ask for any special accommodations when you registered with the unit? 

No, he is not vegetarian. He has egg allergy (that was registered). Like my husband, he is a picky eater. At any camp, he picked anything he felt comfortable to eat. If they serve hamburger, he can eat the hamburger patty, not the bread. He doesn't eat hot dog. He can eat salad and most fruits. He usually comes home hungry after each camp. Before, my husband would buy him a Sam's Club bag of beef jerky or candy until I found out. The sodium or sugar content of beef jerky is way too much for a child to consume for a weekend, so I stopped it. Seriously, their eating is another world for me to struggle.