Hello......again

I have to admit that I was completely surprised when my son (an Eagle) who now lives in a location where Scouting is not very visible...announced that #1 grandson was joining the Cubs. So I dragged out my old uniform and stuff and started thinking about how I could help. This boy is a perfect match for Scouts and I'm hoping he'll stick with it. A lot depends on those first experiences and, of course, some kind of instant gratification, lol. He lusts after the status of being allowed to own and use a pocketknife and eager to master the skill and responsibility that comes with it. Game on!

Anyway, it looks like I'm back after I thought it was over (quite literally, due to a close call with a heart surgeon). The Forums have evolved since I became inactive and since I feel like I'm entering for the first time, I decided to break the news here. See you 'round.

Packsaddle

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there Pack! Congratulations on #1 grandson joining cubs! It'll be deja vu for you I suspect. I have three grandkids coming up on Cub age in a few years and I, too, am looking forward to the next Scouting chapter. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Folks, Even this forum has changed. I'm having to climb that learning curve right now so bear with me. It turns out that two of the boys are entering the cubs, one at the entry level and the other one a little further along. They are just like boys always seem to have been - interested in knives, fire, food, gross stuff.....you all probably remember it well. 

The one thing I'm sad to report (and this will be relevant to everyone else as well), advanced age evidently hasn't allowed me to remain immune to all the childhood illnesses. My youngest grandsons seem to be 'sharing' with grandpa....if you get my drift. That's one aspect of 'doing it again' that I could live without, lol, but that's life. 

speaking of food and gross stuff. What was the most gross food conconction you have seen boys put together... and actually liked it?

I witnessed a boy make a salami&cheese sandwich with peanut butter. He exclaimed how good it was, so the rest of his patrol decided to try it. Apparently it was good. 

• 3 weeks later...