Why the BSA should have stayed out of the transgender trend

Diagnosis of "gender dysphoria." Looking at a bunch of self-reported psychological symptoms and proclaiming a medical? biological? diagnosis seems pretty unscientific.

"Suffering from a condition"--the example I gave was of gluten intolerance. Many people claim to have this condition without ever having been diagnosed by a doctor. For many people, it is a fad, and their self-diagnosis is brought on by lots of media attention. 

The comparison I made is to people claiming to be gay, bi, transgender, etc, when they actually are not--for many, it's a fad, as evidenced by their later turning out to be heterosexual. I think a lot of that is brought on by media attention, social media interaction, the coolness factor (and believe me, for teenagers and 20-somethings, it's very cool right now), and their need to seek attention or turn attention from some other aspect of their lives.

I mean, for years we've been told that being gay is not a choice and it's the way you're born--but it has turned into something that can just strike people temporarily, usually when they're young? That doesn't make any sense.

And so it seems very possible that a lot of these cases are another example of kids doing the cool thing, or doing something that will get them the attention they seek. I don't think they're often fully cognizant of WHY they're doing it, just as the little kid who acts out for negative attention doesn't say, "I'm going to hit my sister so my mom yells at me, because yelling is better than her ignoring me." 

1 hour ago, Sniktaw said:

Diagnosis of "gender dysphoria." Looking at a bunch of self-reported psychological symptoms and proclaiming a medical? biological? diagnosis seems pretty unscientific.

"Suffering from a condition"--the example I gave was of gluten intolerance. Many people claim to have this condition without ever having been diagnosed by a doctor. For many people, it is a fad, and their self-diagnosis is brought on by lots of media attention. 

The comparison I made is to people claiming to be gay, bi, transgender, etc, when they actually are not--for many, it's a fad, as evidenced by their later turning out to be heterosexual. I think a lot of that is brought on by media attention, social media interaction, the coolness factor (and believe me, for teenagers and 20-somethings, it's very cool right now), and their need to seek attention or turn attention from some other aspect of their lives.

I mean, for years we've been told that being gay is not a choice and it's the way you're born--but it has turned into something that can just strike people temporarily, usually when they're young? That doesn't make any sense.

And so it seems very possible that a lot of these cases are another example of kids doing the cool thing, or doing something that will get them the attention they seek. I don't think they're often fully cognizant of WHY they're doing it, just as the little kid who acts out for negative attention doesn't say, "I'm going to hit my sister so my mom yells at me, because yelling is better than her ignoring me." 

Who cares.  There is nothing wrong being LGBTQ or staight.  If a male is interested in males in high school but discovers they are interested in women in their 20’s what harm is caused?  The only way this is “bad” is if you think being LGBTQ is sub optimal.  I could care less.  I don’t believe it is a sin, an affront to God or bad for society.