10,000 Girl Cub Scouts

1 hour ago, Snow Owl said:

BSA should have a ticker showing the number of bot cubs and girl cubs

Based on my experience as a crew advisor, such tickers would prove to be  grossly inflated by the unscrupulous, certainly rife with cub bots of both sexes!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not a professional. I’m an old time retired scoutmaster with passion for the traditional patrol method program. I’ve been very critical of the recent changes, including admitting gays and transsex

Turns out the SE took care of it for me. The entire council staff had a sit down. Apparently the volunteers are important customers. Things have improved dramatically in the past week. Thanks for aski

I googled "conditional scouters" and "conditional scouter" (both in quotes) and got 6 hits, all of which are on this forum. Bing showed fewer. It seems to have started with a reference to something th

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Based on my experience as a crew advisor, such tickers would prove to be  grossly inflated by the unscrupulous, certainly rife with cub bots of both sexes!

So true So true.  Already the DE's are positing about girls in the "pipeline" and not the actual number of real girls showing up to sign up.  One pack in our area had 1 girl come, they are looking at options, DE reported 10+ "interested"

39,840 girls registered as of Friday, 9/28 at noon, CST.  Guess they are coming from somewhere and not all in the pipeline.  I think that now represents just in a few weeks a membership larger than American Heritage Girls.  Now up to packs to provide a great program to keep them!

• Upvote 1
On 9/27/2018 at 5:05 PM, Jameson76 said:

So true So true.  Already the DE's are positing about girls in the "pipeline" and not the actual number of real girls showing up to sign up.  One pack in our area had 1 girl come, they are looking at options, DE reported 10+ "interested"

This is the first year I was asked multiple times about my pipeline.  I don’t know what the DE reported by I reported my numbers to the DE (pipeline and actual applications).  

On a side note, we had 27 NEW Bobcats last night with 17 of them being tigers. The pack has doubled in size from last year and just three of those are girls (from my count), taking us to a total of five.

I have to wonder if this might end up being one of it not the biggest jumps in applicants BSA has ever seen - and of course will get larger still in February when older girls can join.

• Upvote 1

Report just came in that we are at 45,856 girls. A DE noted that the majority of them are in southern states as northern states generally start school later.  I know several Join scout nights in my area are just starting.  Who knows but thought I would pass it on.

• Upvote 2

Our district reported a rather small number of girls. I had expected more based an a neighbor district.  My pack has 1 girl in the nearly 30 new bobcats  and she and den leader mom are quite ecstatic about being in bsa.  I remember seeing more girls/sisters at join scouting night who are interested but just haven’t joined yet.  My crew is still holding about 50/50.