Eight scouts sent home from Scotland Jamboree

"One 16-year-old Scottish boy has been charged with supplying controlled drugs and a 17-year-old from the United States has been charged with possession of drugs, understood to be cannabis.

Police were called to the event in the grounds of the picturesque Blair Castle at Blair Atholl, Perthshire, on Thursday.

Last night a spokesman for Police Scotland said: 'After enquiries were conducted, a 17-year-old male was charged and given a Recorded Police Warning for possession of controlled drugs, and a 16-year-old male was charged and is to be reported for supplying controlled drugs.'

The teenagers were sent home from the camp along with six other scouts.

A spokesman for the organisation said: 'Scouts Scotland has a zero tolerance policy on narcotics use and this matter has been reported to Police Scotland.'"

More details at sources

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5984559/Thats-scout-order-Boys-sent-home-jamboree-teenager-charged-supplying-cannabis.html

http://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/trendingacrossscotland/16373695.eight-scouts-sent-home-from-international-gathering-after-drugs-charge/

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-44936866

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

I wonder if the 17yr American, upon his return to our shores, will have a separate meeting with US Custom Officers etc, while his parents and SM wait their turn.

I can't rule anything out at the Constitution-free zone that is our modern border, but this shouldn't be any different than someone who smokes dope in Amsterdam, has a beer at Oktoberfest, or eats some raw milk cheese in France. Besides taxation the US doesn't typically try to enforce laws outside their jurisdiction for US citizens.

• Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...

This is just so disappointing. I realize that 8 out of 1,000 or more boys is a small number but that's about 7 more than I thought would show such a lack of integrity. I looked the subject up on YouTube to see if there was any news reports broad cast on it. The search field had 8 scouts caught with pot in Scotland. Nothing to be seen. FYI, Pot and Girl Scout cookies are evidently a thing. A big thing. Who knew? Sounds like an easy joke to make at the GS expense but that's fair disappointment to me as well.

42 minutes ago, Longhaired_Mac said:

This is just so disappointing. I realize that 8 out of 1,000 or more boys is a small number but that's about 7 more than I thought would show such a lack of integrity. I looked the subject up on YouTube to see if there was any news reports broad cast on it. The search field had 8 scouts caught with pot in Scotland. Nothing to be seen. FYI, Pot and Girl Scout cookies are evidently a thing. A big thing. Who knew? Sounds like an easy joke to make at the GS expense but that's fair disappointment to me as well.

Apparently, there have been some Girl Scouts who have decided to sell Girl Scout cookies in front of pot shops.  I guess their idea is to capitalize on users and the "munchies".

Edited by Thunderbird
17 hours ago, Longhaired_Mac said:

... FYI, Pot and Girl Scout cookies are evidently a thing. A big thing. Who knew? Sounds like an easy joke to make at the GS expense but that's fair disappointment to me as well.

16 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Apparently, there have been some Girl Scouts who have decided to sell Girl Scout cookies in front of pot shops.  I guess their idea is to capitalize on users and the "munchies".

Capitalizing on indulgence? How strange.

https://beerandbrewing.com/beer-pairings-for-girl-scout-cookies-2016-update/

On 8/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, SSScout said:

""Character is what one does when one thinks no one is watching.""

Eagle Scout , Silk Road website creator, and Darknet market operator Ross Ulbricht   believed people should have the right to buy and sell whatever they wanted so long as they weren’t hurting anyone else.

Convicted of conspiracy to traffic narcotics, money laundering, computer hacking and imprisoned.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:48 PM, Thunderbird said:

LOL, and to think they are upset with the BSA for stealing "their" Girls.

17 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

Eagle Scout , Silk Road website creator, and Darknet market operator Ross Ulbricht   believed people should have the right to buy and sell whatever they wanted so long as they weren’t hurting anyone else.

Convicted of conspiracy to traffic narcotics, money laundering, computer hacking and imprisoned.

#freeross