BSA National and Change Management

2 hours ago, CalicoPenn said:

Who do you want National to be held accountable to? 

@Eagledad and @CalicoPenn I think accountable is the wrong word. Supportive might be better. This program is about youth and we're the ones working with the youth. Support goes two ways.

Maybe they should take Wood Badge and review a few things. The first is servant leadership. Another is the idea of a 360 degree review. The final one is the idea of having a clear vision of the program.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is National has no mechanism for accountability. As far as they are concerned, they might be performing above their goals. Volunteers are dragged along for the ride. Barry

Absolutely.  In corporate world it is a big thing as new organizations are laid out, downsizing, acquisitions, etc are rolled out.

I am in favor of coed scouting. I am not financially desperate. Nor does the presence or absence of LDS give me any sense of urgency. My opinion on he matter has been brought on by encounters with int

This thread has drifted a bit, but in terms of people/girls not knowing that girls can join Cub Scouts now— I wonder how much of that will change as the school year begins and recruitment starts.  Honestly, I’m a Den Leader, and I wasn’t really sure when girls could join— I certainly knew our Pack would be forming girl dens, I knew a few people who had been asked to run those dens, but it’s  very rare for us to have new kids join mid-school year.  Girls were no exception.  Maybe the Pack should have done a few girls recruiting events, but they didn’t.  This fall, I’m sure girls will be included in our general recruiting.  I would assume that a lot more parents of girls will know that Cub Scouts is open to girls then.

I also think advertising is a good idea.  At least around here, recruiting mainly consists of sending home a flyer for a recruitment night, maybe a few flyers on public bulletin boards.  It’s not the most effective tool out there.