Austistic Scout being bullied

17 minutes ago, BobbyRo said:

As a scout leader you should know by now of The Coalition.Its a group of Scouts that are Leading in the next stages of Safer Scouting for the Youth 

How should we know? Is it in training? Is district sending leaders information? Do you have a source?

Barry

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, BobbyRo said:

As a scout leader you should know by now of The Coalition.Its a group of Scouts that are Leading in the next stages of Safer Scouting for the Youth 

The only Coalition I know about the the Coalition for Abuse Scouts for Justice. And I know about them because of this website. I would guess 90% of volunteers do not know what is going on, or care, as they are focused on their units. COVID has hit many of us big time and we are struggling to survive.

As for safer Scouting, the only recommendation I am aware of is removing the 72 hour rule (non-registered adults can camp for a max of 72 hours at an activity) for Scouts BSA, Sea Scouts, & Venturing. The plan is to still keep non-registered adults up to 72 hours at the Cub Scout since that is family camping focused and in my experience EVERYONE in the family goes camping.

Volunteers currently undergo background checks, YPT training, 2 Deep Leadership, 18 to 20 year olds no longer count towards 2 Deep Leadership, and all activities require 2 registered adults in attendance, or a parent in the case of Merit Badge Counseling (and I  bet that will be gone since it appears most folks use MBUs now to get MBs. Additionally volunteer applications are still reviewed against the IVF to keep folks who have no criminal convictions but have committed a crime out of the program.

18 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

How should we know? Is it in training? Is district sending leaders information? Do you have a source?

Barry

I do indeed but I will keep it confidential for the safety of the youth scouts. This coalition will be Stern,Vigilant and will not continue to let this nonsense continue 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, BobbyRo said:

35 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

The only Coalition I know about the the Coalition for Abuse Scouts for Justice. 

19 minutes ago, BobbyRo said:

I do indeed but I will keep it confidential for the safety of the youth scouts. This coalition will be Stern,Vigilant and will not continue to let this nonsense continue 

@BobbyRo, are you referring to the Survivor Working Group that was initiated by the Coalition of Abused Scouts for Justice and which, along with the TCC, negotiated with BSA for the enhanced youth protection measures now contained within the amended plan? This conversation got my attention because I am a BSA CSA survivor with a deep and abiding interest in YP. I think everyone would love to understand your reference points. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, BobbyRo said:

5 minutes ago, malraux said:

Keeping the rules we as leaders are supposed to follow secret seems like a bad idea.

I agree with Malraux, keeping secrets, especially in regards to YP is an extremely bad idea.

Further I am interested in what safety improvements .  Some of the the ideas to improve Scouting that have been listed on previous threads by survivors are in place, and have been for years, and in some cases decades.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, BobbyRo said:

50 minutes ago, BobbyRo said:

I do indeed but I will keep it confidential for the safety of the youth scouts.

So, how should we know?

Barry

• Upvote 1

Nothing in any proposed YP protocol would prevent the ascent of adult leaders with a lack of compassion toward autistic children.

There’s no national registry of people who disregard disabled kids.

• Upvote 1

Well, maybe it's my fault for poking a poorly written post and I apologize for that, but this thread needs to get back to scoutlike.

@BobbyRo, if you care to explain both your scouting experience and where or what this confidential change in YP is, the rest of the people here might be able to make sense of some confusing statements. If not, I suggest this thread go back to where it was in 2018.

I've hidden posts, including my own, that caused this mess.

• Upvote 3
On 2/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, ThenNow said:

@BobbyRo, are you referring to the Survivor Working Group that was initiated by the Coalition of Abused Scouts for Justice and which, along with the TCC, negotiated with BSA for the enhanced youth protection measures now contained within the amended plan? This conversation got my attention because I am a BSA CSA survivor with a deep and abiding interest in YP. I think everyone would love to understand your reference points. Thanks.

Indeed and I hope that it's successful in providing more protection for the future