In need of ideas

Hi all, first time posting here so thanks for being patient. I am the CM of our small pack, and we are due to go camping this weekend. However, where we will be heading may get closed due to the very dry conditions. If the campground closes, it will be very hard to find an alternate location. So this is where you resourceful people come in. Some of the  ideas we came up with is pool party, perhaps a backyard camp out, even though it is 100 + degrees in PHX. 

Any help is much appreciated.  

Thank you.

Edited by CM480

Hot-weather campout, please enlighten me. Our scheduled camp out is at Ten X campground, just outside of the Grand Canyon. So we were planning on driving far to begin with. Tell me what your thoughts are please?

Thank you.

A hot-weather campout would be a place like Lake Pleasant, Lost Dutchman State Park (Flatiron), or Bulldog Canyon. You can sleep cool by wrapping up in a wet sheet on an insulated sleeping pad. I don't know how well it would work with Webelos Scouts. I guess it depends on their maturity/enthusiasm level

If you're already going as far as the Grand Canyon, there are plenty of dispersed camping areas still open in Coconino or Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests. 

Ok, I will take a look. Right now it is a wait and see moment. I was looking for something other than camping or campgrounds, due to how late it is to rebook somewhere else. 

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check them out.

I would just do whatever is equivalent to the cost of the trip. I would do day trips for the weekend, such as, museums, local parks, etc.. It’s better than sleeping in a tent for two days, but can still be fun for the cub scouts.

12 minutes ago, JasonG172 said:

If the CO is a church is there a gym that can be used to show a movie and have an overnighter ?

That wouldn't work very well in our CO's gym in the summer.  Talk about hot-weather overnighters.   :)  

Though I suppose they might let us camp at the edge of their cemetary across the street.   

That is always a possibility, thanks for the help! Good news ( as of today) they did not close the campground. So we should have great time, with the caveat, it can always change.