3 hours ago, walk in the woods said:

Point of Order please, the Commodore never served on nor commanded a boat.....Please. :)

I served on the Great Lakes - we call everything a boat - even the 1,000 foot freighters.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They keep harping on Eagle and he just shuts down.  He is almost to Life rank now but isn't interested.  I frankly just want him happy, drives me crazy people are so focused on Eagle.

My son decided on joining a ship.  He looked at two of them and choose the one that mainly sails sunfish and other small boats.  He really liked the amount of freedom and control he was given.  They c

Oliver Perry also served on and commanded boats in the Mediterranean Sea, the West Indies and the Caribbean - I think he earned his sea chops. It could also be said that Lake Erie is an arm of th

7 hours ago, scoutldr said:

My dad was a WWII submarine veteran.  I learned from a very early age that submarines are "boats"...everything else is a "target".

And since I flew in Navy patrol planes, they were all, and most especially submarines, "targets"... 🤣

My son decided on joining a ship.  He looked at two of them and choose the one that mainly sails sunfish and other small boats.  He really liked the amount of freedom and control he was given.  They capsized maybe 1 minute after starting, one of the Mates talked them through the process to right the boat from a chase boat.  After that they where busy sailing all over the lake and each time they capsized they were able to right the boat pretty fast.

It is nice seeing him excited about being involved again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1