Many welcomes.  Please check your high expectations at the front desk.  LOL  

But seriously. This is a great place to get pointed in good directions, find support, and get inspired. 

If you have any great camp cooking recipes, we have a thread for that. 

Thank you for the welcomes

I am 2 yrs into cub scouts but not new to the outdoors,

couple of the reasons I had my son join scouts, was 1 for the age appropriate activities, 

also to share the experiences with other boys his age,

we do plenty of family camping, car camping and prinitive camping but his relatives are all girls, 

hoping to keep his scouting boy oriented but having a hard time with it now

2 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Do you mean because of the admittance of girls into some packs?  Does your son's pack have girls in it?

our pack is currently boy only, but committee is trying to change that, also spoke with our council camp, all camp activities are being integrated to coed activities, they are revising cope games to eliminate all contact activities, 

see your NJ, camp I am referring to is Alpine

32 minutes ago, Terasec said:

our pack is currently boy only, but committee is trying to change that, also spoke with our council camp, all camp activities are being integrated to coed activities, they are revising cope games to eliminate all contact activities, 

I am just curious , you say in the thread title that you are from NY, and your council camp is Camp Alpine, but Alpine is the council camp for the Northern New Jersey Council.  Does NNJC cross state lines?

It turns out I was completely wrong, see below -- NJCS

I know where Alpine is but have never been there.  I am in Patriots Path Council.

Edited by NJCubScouter
1 minute ago, NJCubScouter said:

I am just curious , you say in the thread title that you are from NY, and your council camp is Camp Alpine, but Alpine is the council camp for the Northern New Jersey Council.  Does NNJC cross state lines?

I know where Alpine is but have never been there.  I am in Patriots Path Council.

alpine on the NY/NJ border is indeed in NJ, but owned by greater NY council, 

Alpine is the NYC councils cub scout camp, Ten Mile River is their Boy scout camp

28 minutes ago, Terasec said:

9 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

I just went to alpine about a month ago. I’m sorry but the Camp is not kept in the best shape. The buildings are beautiful and look new, but the trails since you have to hike in to campsites are not well kept in my opinion. My troop will not be going back there.

They also advertise a geocache trail. We tried it, none of them even exist anymore.

Edited by ItsBrian