I finished my last meritbadge!

1 minute ago, RememberSchiff said:

Congratulations.

Are you our first Eagle? That is, the first member to earn Eagle after joining scouter.com?

Maybe? Did @Back Pack get Eagle before or after joining? He did get his Eagle recently right?

From time to time, we've had scouts join asking questions about rank advancement. Not sure if which, if any of them, reported getting their bird.

We've had a few young Eagles ask "what's next?"

But @ItsBrian, you're the odd duck who feels that strangers on the internet are worthy of a play-by-play.

1 minute ago, mashmaster said:

Congrats!  I just hope your project wasn't yet another gaga ball pit.

Haha. I did it at an Adult day care center, I found it by doing clinical there. I put stone around the building, rebuilt two moving carts (I made the base out of trek wood), built a horse shoe pit, & some small stuff.

• Upvote 4
23 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

Congrats!  I just hope your project wasn't yet another gaga ball pit.

Our last gaga pit has become the bane of my existence.  It was a good project, two pits for a yearly CYO/youth festival --- very popular, and they were owned by and stored at the CYO fields.  Fast forward a couple years, someone borrows one of them from CYO but instead of returning to CYO asks if they can return to us and we get it back to CYO storage.  We don't really have room for the thing in our shed, but sure a scout is helpful, we'll take it and find a way to get it back to CYO.  BUT, the festival no longer takes place, we can't find anyone at CYO to take the thing back, and now we're stuck with it.  People still occasionally borrow it for parish activities,  but it always ends up back with us.  As I said we don't have the room and so we are constantly moving it from one part of the shed to another depending on which equipment we need and it's in front of.  We don't want it, but nobody can bring themselves to throw it out. 

Edited by T2Eagle
8 minutes ago, qwazse said:

So, what's the plan for your next Palm? Are you gonna round off your MB count before your BoR so you can snag an inns ta-Palm or two?

I think I already instantly have one, I would have to check. I know after summer camp I will have atleast one if not.

I don’t think I will have the time due to next school year I start medical college classes as part of my program.

49 minutes ago, WisconsinMomma said:

Congratulations, Brian!!!  Woo Hoo!  Cycling is a big merit badge and great work getting it done!   

I feel honored that you are here to share some of your journey with us. Thank you!

Funny thing is, we didn't even plan on finishing it that weekend. We were camping as a family and since the trails ended up being mountain biking and all muddy, we decided why not and let's finish it this weekend. We were planning on just dirt trails.

• Like 1