NCS and Philmont Arrowhead

Welcome to the forums. Only one temporary insignia may be worn over the right pocket of the uniform shirt.

Some folks (i.e. me) will sew one insignia on the pocket and hang another from the button. But that;'s not proper uniforming.

If you want to display multiple patches, get a brag vest.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, qwazse said:

Welcome to the forums. Only one temporary insignia may be worn over the right pocket of the uniform shirt.

Some folks (i.e. me) will sew one insignia on the pocket and hang another from the button. But that;'s not proper uniforming.

If you want to display multiple patches, get a brag vest.

or a jacshirt

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

Jacshirts are no longer allowed to have patches on them, except a few specific ones in specific spots.

unless you remove the scout emblem from the pocket.  Then it's just another jacket.

signed.  a rebellious Redcoat

• Haha 1
On 06/02/2018 at 4:24 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Jacshirts are no longer allowed to have patches on them, except a few specific ones in specific spots.

Still one of the more frustration uniform rules.

Not that I see anyone locally follow it.  No uniform Nazis here

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Can you point to the documentation for that?  I've read the insignia guide and though it does say where specific patches may be placed, and limits the large patches to one only, I can't find where it limits other patches.

2 hours ago, CalicoPenn said:

Can you point to the documentation for that?  I've read the insignia guide and though it does say where specific patches may be placed, and limits the large patches to one only, I can't find where it limits other patches.

I remember reading it that you can only have the BSA logo patch and nothing else.  But I am on my work computer and cannot access the current insignia guide

Correct me if I'm wrong (which is an assurance in an online forum 🤣), but if your jacshirt is "vintage" then you're free to put what you what on it...

Although personally, once you get past the pocket Scout emblem, some award patch on the other pocket, a large center back patch, a felt Philmont bull and maybe one or two others somewhere, the jacshirt starts to look a little crowded & "busy". 

6 minutes ago, WonderBoy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (which is an assurance in an online forum 🤣), but if your jacshirt is "vintage" then you're free to put what you what on it...

Although personally, once you get past the pocket Scout emblem, some award patch on the other pocket, a large center back patch, a felt Philmont bull and maybe one or two others somewhere, the jacshirt starts to look a little crowded & "busy". 

Growing up, I always thought the jacshirt was the adult version of a cub scout brag vest

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, WonderBoy said:

1 minute ago, scotteg83 said:

Growing up, I always thought the jacshirt was the adult version of a cub scout brag vest

Mine has many patches- one for each SR I have been to, as well as my 50 miler and my OA emblem.  If we are talking about the field uniform (class A)- yes, that is a uniform and thus should truly be uniform across all members.  My feeling on the jacshirt is it is entirely optional, and is about the wearer.  If the BSA wanted to buy me one, or are going to make it a required part of the uniform, they could get more dictatorial about what I put on there.  

• Upvote 1